M14 dmr lockup

Les

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I bought a second hand cyma M14 which has been converted to a dmr..it shoots really well but the gearbox has locked up.

I know a little bit about V2 gearboxes on the M4 , but nothing about the m14's gearbox.

Can anyone help with how to free up the gearbox?  Also any way of freeing it relatively easily when it happens? With no auto setting, im struggling .

Thanks in advance.

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Les said:

Hi all,

I bought a second hand cyma M14 which has been converted to a dmr..it shoots really well but the gearbox has locked up.

I know a little bit about V2 gearboxes on the M4 , but nothing about the m14's gearbox.

Can anyone help with how to free up the gearbox?  Also any way of freeing it relatively easily when it happens? With no auto setting, im struggling .

Thanks in advance.

Chances are that whoever converted it has just taken off the fire selector knob to "lock it to semi". If that's the case then if you take the upper out there should be a white plastic linkage that goes around the back of the gearbox:

20220606_144614.thumb.jpg.eaa2b7994d9c936797b7fe3f81129178.jpg

the sprung lever on the left  is what controls semi and auto and if the spring is on there it should default to semi. 

The position in the pic above is auto, stick a battery on, hold it in that position and fire a burst. That should unlock it.

• Supporters

If that doesn't sort it then what you absolutely must never do is to shove a long T-handled Allen key or similar tool up the nozzle and shove the piston back until it releases, because it will make Reddit cry when it doesn't actually wreck your gun.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

If that doesn't sort it then what you absolutely must never do is to shove a long T-handled Allen key or similar tool up the nozzle and shove the piston back until it releases, because it will make Reddit cry when it doesn't actually wreck your gun.

Note: when doing this use a flat ended tool.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Note: when doing this use a flat ended tool.

Balls.

I mean "ball hex Allen key"

image.png.b1840061f6bc8ad816ddd13489aa9de8.png

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.