Mag pouches that'll work well for both M4 and AUG (and SIG and anything else I might buy)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I've got my belt rig all set up nicely for M4 mags for my 3 STANAG guns.  
They're only cheap Chinese plastic pouches, a fiver each I think but they work ok.  I do prefer the solid-shelled pouches for my tactical reloads.

image.png.f04604330409f9fdb62c91225c3e6b35.png

And then I go and do something silly and buy an AUG.   And the mags don't quite fit in the pouches :(
I know I can remove / loosen those elastic bands, the problem is in the other direction, if you get my drift.

I've got a couple of SA80 mag pouches that will stretch and accommodate any of my mags, and with the bungee cord over the top even my AK mags won't fall out.  They're also dirt cheap.  So they're actually very good in many ways - but they're not quite 'it' for speed reloads. 
I could therefore swap out two of the plastic pouches with those and I'm sort-of 'good to go' - I'm most realistically going to be carrying 3 hi-caps for the AUG, so one in the pocket / gun, and a couple on the belt would be ok.

But never miss a good (or even bad) excuse to buy more / better gear.  Soooooooo.......

Are there any good mag pouches that will hold just about anything, allow for fast reloads, won't have me losing mags every time I fall over a log, AND DON'T COST A BLEEDIN' FORTUNE.  Cos I'll buy four of the buggers if I'm going to do a proper job.

Shockingly enough, the Novritsch ones are pretty damned close to what I'm looking for, but maybe there's something better out there?
https://eu.novritsch.com/product/assault-rifle-magazine-pouch-gen2/

Templars Gear taco clones, great quality and not even that expensive at around €25/pouch.

Failing that, Helikon makes good open top universal (ish) pouches that take M4 and Ak mags no problem, I paid €18 a piece for mine (never used them though, discarded my old chest rig project so sold them on as new). The inside is so grippy you'll have troubles pulling mags out, so you won't lose anything.

Failing that (you want cheaper) any taco clone will do. Keep in mind that the emerson/TMC ones aren't that grippy and mags can actually slide out pretty easily.

• Supporters

WAS taco style pouches work well and don't cost a fortune. Or you could look at esstac ones with the kydex insert.

Cheers guys, those suggestions all look good, especially the Templars.

The thing is, I'm still a tight-wad at heart, and I've noticed that Novritsch are selling the green pouches at a mere 10 Euros a piece (because they're discontinuing that colour), and they do seem to be everything I need (I like the inserts which can alter the height / grip of the mags in the pouches).  As I've also had my eye on their hi-capa pistol pouches with a similar system, so I might go ahead and buy them all together.

I'll have another look tomorrow

I would think that something like the BFG stretchy 'Helium Whisper' mag pouches might be good for AUG mags.

I had an AUG. I have these pouches. Can't remember if there was ownership overlap but I would definitely use these pouches if I still had the AUG.

I miss my CA AUG.

• Supporters

I'd recommend the taco style elasticated mags, literally work with 5.56 & 7.62 size mags, lots out there including the Chinese knock offs, so you don't need to pay a fortune. 

DON'T buy 5.56 shingles, their fine with regular stanag mags but the Aug mags tend to be too tight in there, as do some of the newer plastic p mag style stuff. 

Cheers guys, good suggestions. 

I'm going to play the skirmish tomorrow with a couple of the SA80 pouches on the left, and the two displaced plastic pouches on the right side, see how the picks and the gun get on. .. If the gun isn't really the thing for my site (because of the typicalTM 270fps) then there's no need for the new pouches.  I'll make a call on Monday

TM HC was fun (if a little short ranged - I'll try a new hop bucking), and my JG S-552 is working (though wheezy on anything less than 11.1v due to the shagged motor and maybe some shimming issues), so I'll be buying some extra mags.  I will need to be able to run these non-STANAG mags without changing out my whole belt.

Yesterday's game showed the SA80 pouches weren't great.... as they weren't in the prime spots towards the front of the belt, I couldn't really seem them with my current mask / goggle setup (which I'm not intending on changing).   I could pull the mags by feel, but trying to stuff them back in when emptied was a non-runner, as the soft material collapsed.   Falling back on stuffing mags into zipped chest pockets lead to some of the most non-Tactical reloads known to man ;)
A workaround could be a dump pouch at the back, but I'll go back to looking at replacement pouches.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.