Cm16 lmg upgrades?

Rory2004

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What weight of BB are you using?  The standard rif will hop .25 and .28 OK.

What makes you think that you need more range? 

5 hours ago, Rory2004 said:

Hello I’m just curious what upgrades people would suggest for my cm16 lmg I’m mainly looking for more range I don’t have a super large budget but any help is Appreciated many thanks  

Clean the barrel go to the range with a BBs of varying find which gives the best range. If you have done that already what range are you getting Also range/ accuracy isn't really the point of an LMG  they are meant to suppress to allow your team mates to get the kills. 

15 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

What weight of BB are you using?  The standard rif will hop .25 and .28 OK.

What makes you think that you need more range? 

I’ve being using 0.25 but unfortunately at my site I’m pretty much the only support gunner so the extra range would help suppress the next set of targets that would normally be out my range 

13 hours ago, BigStew said:

Clean the barrel go to the range with a BBs of varying find which gives the best range. If you have done that already what range are you getting Also range/ accuracy isn't really the point of an LMG  they are meant to suppress to allow your team mates to get the kills. 

I clean the barrel after every game and have tested that .25s work best the range is decent but I find I get out ranged a few times a day so my suppressive fire is unaffective  

The have a nice rotary hop unit as standard, so you may get a tiny bit more with a better hop rubber and nub.  Do you know what it chronos at?  

11 hours ago, Rory2004 said:

I’ve being using 0.25 but unfortunately at my site I’m pretty much the only support gunner so the extra range would help suppress the next set of targets that would normally be out my range 

I clean the barrel after every game and have tested that .25s work best the range is decent but I find I get out ranged a few times a day so my suppressive fire is unaffective  

but what actual range are you getting? 30m, 40m, 50m or are you just airsoft estimating? you need to actually find how far the thing shoot to be able to start any meaningful upgrades and it maybe the case it's shooting as far as it can and the money you need to dump in it to get any real increase is not worth it. 

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Do you know what it chronos at? 

That. Airsoft magical beliefs aside, maximum range is entirely dependent on muzzle energy + sufficient hop for the BB.  That's not the same as effective accurate range, but that's less of an issue for you.  You just need to be banging on the site energy limit, with your BBs fully hopped.  I like a little lift at the end of my trajectory so that I can be sure that I'm erring on slightly over than slightly under.

Also consider the possibility that you're being outranged by DMRs, or hot guns.  Shouldn't happen, does happen, one local site caught a marshal hot in game. :( 

17 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

The have a nice rotary hop unit as standard, so you may get a tiny bit more with a better hop rubber and nub.  Do you know what it chronos at?  

It chronos at 303 what hop rubber and nub would you recommend many thanks 

11 hours ago, BigStew said:

but what actual range are you getting? 30m, 40m, 50m or are you just airsoft estimating? you need to actually find how far the thing shoot to be able to start any meaningful upgrades and it maybe the case it's shooting as far as it can and the money you need to dump in it to get any real increase is not worth it. 

Range is roughly 45m and about 50m if I mortar fire 

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

That. Airsoft magical beliefs aside, maximum range is entirely dependent on muzzle energy + sufficient hop for the BB.  That's not the same as effective accurate range, but that's less of an issue for you.  You just need to be banging on the site energy limit, with your BBs fully hopped.  I like a little lift at the end of my trajectory so that I can be sure that I'm erring on slightly over than slightly under.

Also consider the possibility that you're being outranged by DMRs, or hot guns.  Shouldn't happen, does happen, one local site caught a marshal hot in game. :( 

Yeah unfortunately a fair few people at my site have hot rifs but it’s something you get used to I geuss 

Maple Leaf and Omega nub are many peoples go to.  Google AK2M4 and have a look on here for other ideas.

I'm not the best person to speak re techy stuff but I think you need to check your air seal.  If the seal is OK then a spring change to raise your fps to near the site limit.  

Without a good seal at the nozzle things get a bit too inconsistent and it isn't easy to spot any issues with anything else.   

Just a thought, but if you're cleaning the barrel with solvent you may have dried an o-ring out.  

Whatever is going on it won't be a gun specific issue, so have a good read of the Electric guns threads for people experiencing and fixing similar.

1 hour ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Maple Leaf and Omega nub are many peoples go to.  Google AK2M4 and have a look on here for other ideas.

I'm not the best person to speak re techy stuff but I think you need to check your air seal.  If the seal is OK then a spring change to raise your fps to near the site limit.  

Without a good seal at the nozzle things get a bit too inconsistent and it isn't easy to spot any issues with anything else.   

Just a thought, but if you're cleaning the barrel with solvent you may have dried an o-ring out.  

Whatever is going on it won't be a gun specific issue, so have a good read of the Electric guns threads for people experiencing and fixing similar.

Will do I did buy a 70 degree bucking but haven’t installed it yet would you recommend patrol base or defcon airsoft as I know they do an upgrade service  

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Rory2004 said:

It chronos at 303

With 0.25g?  That would be 1.07J which is pretty decent. You could eke a little more out of it.

If you mean with 0.2g then that's just 0.85J and I'd try and get more out of it, first by optimising the air seal, then thinking about the spring.

3 hours ago, Rory2004 said:

Yeah unfortunately a fair few people at my site have hot rifs but it’s something you get used to I geuss 

Er, if you know about it, why is the site continuing to let it happen, or why still play there?

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

You need a 50 or 60 degree rubber though. 

@Skara seems wedded to 70 degree.  To be honest, I've not tried a 70, so I have no reason to refute it.

19 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

With 0.25g?  That would be 1.07J which is pretty decent. You could eke a little more out of it.

If you mean with 0.2g then that's just 0.85J and I'd try and get more out of it, first by optimising the air seal, then thinking about the spring.

Er, if you know about it, why is the site continuing to let it happen, or why still play there?

There isn’t many sites near me the next closest ones are about 80 miles away which I’m not willing to go that far unless it’s a multiple day event 

12 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Sorry mate, I have no clue about either shop.  You need a 50 or 60 degree rubber though.  

Okie I’ll get a different one cheers 

2 hours ago, EDcase said:

I've seen a few videos where they suggest:

50 degree for 350fps guns

60 degree for 450fps (DMR)

70 degree for 500fps (snipers)

My site is 400 for dmr and 450 for snipers so you would say a 50 is best ?

12 hours ago, Rory2004 said:

My site is 400 for dmr and 450 for snipers so you would say a 50 is best ?

Your CM16 LMG is in the 350fps AEG category so yeah, 50 degree would be the one to use.

Edited by EDcase

Yep 70s don't deform as easily as 50s and 60s, give much better results in full auto fire than the softer counterparts.

50s are way too soft even at 1J.

That's interesting.  I've never had any luck with a 70.  

Perhaps other variables effect the desirable hardness? 

I thought the whole point of the degrees rating was they're the optimal operating temperature, is that not right?

39 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

No, it's the Shore hardness scale.   

Everyday's a school day!  Thanks I've learned something ☺️

• Supporters

But temperature should play a part, as I'd want to run a softer bucking in cold weather.  I run 50 (1J MP5K) and 60 degree (pretty much everything else from 1.1J to a 1.8J DMR), and was sceptical about @Skara's recommendation of 70 given the higher temperatures in Italy.

However, it's airsoft and we can often be surprised, so I'll be putting a 70 into my next ak2m4 order.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.