Best day in my airsofting history was today

LzChase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

52 minutes ago, LzChase said:

with his help I am now converting the M14 to a Vietnam War style M21 Sniper System.

Yeeeeeesssssssss. Join the m21 family! Only the most intelligent and talented airsofters go for the m21, so you're clearly a cultured individual.

Although mine is far more modern and tacticool, vintage wood would be nice if you already have a real wood stock.

• Supporters

Result!

If you fancy going down the Crazy Horse route, PDI make the gas block plug and front sight.

I've currently got two DMR's on Negative Airsofts waiting list. Ones a G&G MBR 556 and the other this. Gonna be tough to decide which to keep 🤔

IMG_20211002_121959.jpg

4 hours ago, LzChase said:

Gearbox will be shimmed and upgraded to shoot at around 425 FPS. I might semi-lock it aswell. 

You'll need to semi-lock it if you do that, however it's super easy to semi-lock an m14. You can just unscrew part of the fire selector (which is super accessible) and detach it after you put it in semi-auto, so you don't need to clip anything or file anything, so if you later down the line decide you want to go 1.14J and full-auto, you can re-attach it no problem. I accidentally found that out when I snapped the fire-selector on mine. It was a super useful breakage :D 

31 minutes ago, Impulse said:

You'll need to semi-lock it if you do that, however it's super easy to semi-lock an m14. You can just unscrew part of the fire selector (which is super accessible) and detach it after you put it in semi-auto, so you don't need to clip anything or file anything, so if you later down the line decide you want to go 1.14J and full-auto, you can re-attach it no problem. I accidentally found that out when I snapped the fire-selector on mine. It was a super useful breakage :D 

Now ^this^ is a very useful tip.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.