Rifle choice

Halo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Now scraping the bottom of the broken drum, but for a backup gun I'd be thinking rental favourites, e.g. CYMA - AK plus a couple of hi-caps, M4 for mag compatibility, MP5 because MP5 - or a JG G36, because you'll need it to work.

Have you slummed it with an AAP-01 yet?  I mean, all the cool kids are smoking them.

24 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Have you slummed it with an AAP-01 yet?  I mean, all the cool kids are smoking them.

IMG_20210524_162521_433.thumb.jpg.8985c84039d45ee90b4527860fe69b02.jpg

6 hours ago, heroshark said:

I think the op may be referring to having a backup AEG as has been recommended, not actually using it as a secondary. And as far as actual secondaries I'll give my broken drum answer ,any new generation TM gbb pistol. I use them as primaries you can't beat them.

14 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I feel like a bit of a broken drum here but you don't need a secondary, and in woodland you'll rarely find a reason to use one (beyond "Want to").  I mean, assuming that your T10 shoots under your site limit for auto-guns, with the BB's that you intend to use (I'd suggest 0.28g+) which I did mention up-thread and I hope you've got an assurance from the seller on that.

What I run alongside a DMR or sniper is a light plastic MP5K on a leg panel with a 500 round high-cap magazine.  Strap on and forget it, it's a full size AEG gearbox in a close-to-pistol-size frame, and actually lighter than a pistol + mags for even a fraction of that ammo capacity.  Full sustainable auto, close to 1J, it's a compelling combination.  I wouldn't want to carry anything bulkier than that as a secondary, and there shouldn't be any need to with a T10 primary.  Having a backup gun with you is a good idea, but it doesn't need to be anything special given that you'll ideally not be using it.

For fun factor, gas blowback pistols are hard to beat, although I'd stress how little you'll likely use one in woodland at most sites.  AAP-01, or Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa or G17 are common choices.  As we're into Winterish weather, you could consider CO2 although I've never bothered because MP5K Master Race, and the risk of running too hot.

Sorry more of closer quarter stuff I was thinking, also mix things up a little and have as a backup, swap things around during the day kind of thing 

14 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I feel like a bit of a broken drum here but you don't need a secondary, and in woodland you'll rarely find a reason to use one (beyond "Want to").  I mean, assuming that your T10 shoots under your site limit for auto-guns, with the BB's that you intend to use (I'd suggest 0.28g+) which I did mention up-thread and I hope you've got an assurance from the seller on that.

What I run alongside a DMR or sniper is a light plastic MP5K on a leg panel with a 500 round high-cap magazine.  Strap on and forget it, it's a full size AEG gearbox in a close-to-pistol-size frame, and actually lighter than a pistol + mags for even a fraction of that ammo capacity.  Full sustainable auto, close to 1J, it's a compelling combination.  I wouldn't want to carry anything bulkier than that as a secondary, and there shouldn't be any need to with a T10 primary.  Having a backup gun with you is a good idea, but it doesn't need to be anything special given that you'll ideally not be using it.

For fun factor, gas blowback pistols are hard to beat, although I'd stress how little you'll likely use one in woodland at most sites.  AAP-01, or Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa or G17 are common choices.  As we're into Winterish weather, you could consider CO2 although I've never bothered because MP5K Master Race, and the risk of running too hot.

https://airsoftdirect.uk.com/airsoft-guns/airsoft-electric-rifles/tm-mp5k-high-cycle-aeg/ This the beast?  Have a photo of yours? (Thought of many ways to reword this!!)

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Halo said:

Good god, no, a Galaxy MP5K plastic-fantastic.  Sadly hard to find now that the good word has got out.  That absolute cunt fine fellow at Negative Airsoft bought up the last of the UK stock along with all the ZCI rotary hop units in Christendom.  This is why I can't find another to dual-wield. :D 

40 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Good god, no, a Galaxy MP5K plastic-fantastic.  Sadly hard to find now that the good word has got out.  That absolute cunt fine fellow at Negative Airsoft bought up the last of the UK stock along with all the ZCI rotary hop units in Christendom.  This is why I can't find another to dual-wield. :D 

Your Google-fu needs some work!  Admittedly it's an M not a K, but do-able?

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/galaxy-g-5m-tactical-full-metal-gearbox-aeg-rifle-in-black.html

image.thumb.png.ee8ffc5dedcfd0d9983709343ac344ae.png

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Your Google-fu needs some work!  Admittedly it's an M not a K, but do-able?

Seen, and cannot be unseen.  You'd have to - have to  - replace that gopping Frankenstock at a minimum. The rails are nice if you want to add tacticool, but as a woodland secondary, I'd plan for bareback nose-to-nose engagements.  I'd hold out for a K.

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, WinterSniper said:

If I’m honest with you, I’ve had the best experiences with the Cyma AEGs.

No need to be coy.  Well, kind of, it's like a moped or a fat girlfriend.  But, yes, for a this-or-nothing backup, I would generally say CYMA. They're cheap because they make so many of them, not because they're bad.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.