Essential ... and not-so-essential bits to bling my new DE M906C "TO THE MAX" (well, a little bit)

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So now I've got this little beauty...

image.thumb.png.386c4c07772e400c8cbc9083bdc4e4e7.png

I'm thinking immediately of how to throw a few more pennies at it, to take it away from being "completely stock", and also to make it more comfortable.

So I'm thinking ...

1) QD Sling mount(s).  Any recommendations for a particular make?  I got a bit anxious when I saw a video attached to one review, of Amazon's recommended choice, being yanked out of the attachment point to demonstrate how the gun had dropped when it was being used.  As I'm (spoiler alert) looking at one-point slings, I really don't want it 'detaching and dynamically interfacing with ground at 9.8ms squared' so keen to be getting a good 'un

2) A single point sling.  Or maybe a 2-point sling.  Or maybe a sling that can do both (but not neither).  Not a 3-point sling, already got one of them.  A 5 point sling is right out.  

3) Hi-rise scope mounts.  I think I can find a set on Aliexpress and put up with a long wait... they're just to hold an old Viking 4x32 I used to have on my BSA Meteor when I was a kid.  It's to experiment with magnification, and also for a touch of nostalgic enjoyment.
So the question here is not so much 'which particular style of mount' should I get, it's 'am I being silly ordering from aliexpress' and 'is there anything I need to look out for / avoid'

4) A red dot sight.    Yes my lovely Kobra is... lovely, but having just seen how much it's worth I'm kinda scared of using it - at least until I can find a protective 27mm polycarbonate disc to wedge in front of the real lens.  I do fancy something small and super-lightweight and so maybe a dinky cheapo pistol sight on a small riser rail?   Is that something people do?  Any cheap ones worth adding to that AliExpress order?

5) Foregrip / vertical grip / angled grip.  Something to attach to all that new M-Lok loveliness at the front.
I was looking at these three on Amazon

image.png.b4035043a14714ff2536dcae865e3d8c.png

The top two are pretty small, really just to locate the hand.
I'm suspecting the third is the one I'll go for, angling forward AK-styleeeeee,  as it seems a lot of real-steel guys go for this.
I was sort-of tempted with an MP5-K style of vertical grip with a hand stop, but I'm not sure if that'd look silly mounted half-way down the rail.
I also saw an Ares Ameoba one that folds from being fairly flat, to angled, to vertical - £25 from Patrolbase, but I haven't seen any reviews or pics, not sure if it's actually good!
https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/ares-amoeba-hand-grip-modular-accessory-for-m-lok-system

6) Battery.   I've already got a Big Foot 7.4v 25C Lipo but I need another.  I'm open to the 'risk' of an 11.1v, but whatever it is it needs to be long(ish) and thin. 
(I've got an ASG 30W/3A balance charger with auto-stop from Patrolbase to cram the 'electricals' in to whatever you suggest)

7) ....errr, that's it.   The moon on a stick would be nice, but probably not stuck to the gun.

So yeah - any thoughts welcome! 
Anyone who has seen my previous posts will know I normally operate at the "bargain bin / crappiest option", for a "Buy cheap, Buy multiple times" kind of style
I've just spent a chunk on my new gun. so I'm not changing now :)  

• Supporters

To kick things off, given that we have established your budget already as far as QD mounts goes...none. You already have several on the gun itself. The round sockets on the lower tips of the stock, the front end of the stock, either side of the receiver rear plate and the back end of the handguard? Yeah, they're all QD sling points.

Slings - something like this will be fine https://www.ant-supplies.uk/gun-slings/qd-push-button-swivel-slings.html It's a knock off of a Magpul MS something or other with QD ends and a convertible single - two point buckle jobber. Cheap as chips and they're readily available in most airsoft stores between £10-15 or from Aliexpress for less than the price of a chippy tea!

Ahah, yes, uninformed terminology use on my part there, it's the swivels I was after... but your suggestion is even better!  That's great, two birds with one stone etc... saves a few more quid for the other bits :)

Edit:

In fact that very sling, available for £12 with free p&p is available on a Sale offer at AliEx for ... £3.51.  Blimey, I think I'll be hunting around for a few bargains, it's the annual sale on the 11th, and you can pre-fill your basket in preparation!

Edited by RostokMcSpoons
I'm Ali excited

• Supporters
Just now, RostokMcSpoons said:

Ahah, yes, uninformed terminology use on my part there, it's the swivels I was after... but your suggestion is even better!  That's great, two birds with one stone etc... saves a few more quid for the other bits :)

Talking of the other bits, I have a spare set of Vector Optics High scope rings that I don't need. I'm sure I could let them go for a reasonable price.

https://www.vector-air.co.uk/product-page/vector-optics-30mm-picatinny-ris-high-scope-mounts-scot-54h these ones. £10 posted for you, brand new in the box and everything.

Arrrggh, My scope being "super Old Skool" is a 1" / 25.4mm tube.  But thanks for the offer, and they do look the very thing.

I ordered these:

https://www.vapextech.co.uk/airsoft-7-4v-1450mah-20c-lipo-battery-with-case-lp208-vapextech

Fit fine.

I'm looking at this for a foregrip:

https://mpa-airsoft.com/product/magpul-style-angled-fore-grip-110mm-black/

It's local to me so will pop down this weekend and have a look at it.

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Arrrggh, My scope being "super Old Skool" is a 1" / 25.4mm tube.  But thanks for the offer, and they do look the very thing.

They come with 1" adapter collars.

1 minute ago, Nunfa1 said:

I ordered these:

https://www.vapextech.co.uk/airsoft-7-4v-1450mah-20c-lipo-battery-with-case-lp208-vapextech

Fit fine.

I'm looking at this for a foregrip:

https://mpa-airsoft.com/product/magpul-style-angled-fore-grip-110mm-black/

It's local to me so will pop down this weekend and have a look at it.

Wow that's cheap, I'll have a poke around for batteries there.  Have you got a 904 with a PDW stock, the reason for going with the crane style?

That foregrip is dirt cheap, and worth a try at that price I think... now MPA are already 'of interest' to me as they happen to be the only place I can find that have polycarbonate discs cut to 27mm diameter.   They also charge £7 for p&p ('ouch', when it's stuff that'd fit in a small envelope)  But if that grip is nice, it'll make the p&p a bit easier to swallow :)

I have the C. My Son has a G36, so want to keep the batteries universal.

Any longer batteries and you might find the stock doesn't close up fully.

I hadn't used vapextech before, you get absolutely no shipment information whatsoever. I started to think it was a front for a chinese firm but I ordered Saturday and they arrived yesterday.

If you're just after the discs I can pick them up and post if you can't find them anywhere else.

3 minutes ago, Nunfa1 said:

I have the C. My Son has a G36, so want to keep the batteries universal.

Any longer batteries and you might find the stock doesn't close up fully.

I hadn't used vapextech before, you get absolutely no shipment information whatsoever. I started to think it was a front for a chinese firm but I ordered Saturday and they arrived yesterday.

If you're just after the discs I can pick them up and post if you can't find them anywhere else.

That'd be brilliant - cheers!  Most of the real plastic suppliers don't cut polycarb to less than 30mm, i found, so it'd save me some hunting.   They're £1.10 each,  I could do with a couple, I think polycarb is pretty indestructible but I might lose one :)  I'll ping you my address and I can pay you £3 by PayPal if that's ok?

Lozart - ok mate, you got a deal!  PayPal ok for you too?

1 hour ago, Nunfa1 said:

I'll pop up there tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

I might as well have a disc for my scope too, as they do 32mm, please :)

Keep some of your money back for a replacement spring, as I'm going to assume that like mine it will compress relatively quickly and you'll lose 20 or so FPS.

Also I bought a PTS EPS stock for mine and it's lovely, feels so high quality, and the space inside for any battery configuration you could imagine is huge.

1 hour ago, Fatboy40 said:

Keep some of your money back for a replacement spring, as I'm going to assume that like mine it will compress relatively quickly and you'll lose 20 or so FPS.

Also I bought a PTS EPS stock for mine and it's lovely, feels so high quality, and the space inside for any battery configuration you could imagine is huge.

Cheers

I'd seen about the spring issue, so prepared for that... Which strength will I need? 

Now the stock is an interesting call.. looks like I could fit a triple battery in there, opens up the choice quite a bit...

If you're looking to bling your blaster maybe try a repaint. It's an easy way of making your piece more unique to you and costs a fraction of the assorted bolt ons and baubles that are often not much practical use...

27 minutes ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

If you're looking to bling your blaster maybe try a repaint. It's an easy way of making your piece more unique to you and costs a fraction of the assorted bolt ons and baubles that are often not much practical use...

That's a bold move on a brand new gun 😋

It is, but I did it on my three within a matter of weeks.

I kept it simple, Halfords OD paint for better stealth in the woods I skirmish at, it works well and made my gnus unique. Each to their own of course.

Or you could paint it fluorescent pink or something, whatever floats your boat 🤣

On 06/11/2021 at 10:29, Ebeneezer Goode said:

It is, but I did it on my three within a matter of weeks.

I kept it simple, Halfords OD paint for better stealth in the woods I skirmish at, it works well and made my gnus unique. Each to their own of course.

Or you could paint it fluorescent pink or something, whatever floats your boat 🤣

I'm very keen on camouflage.  When it's the start of the day and I'm looking at people on the other team dressed up in black kit I'm always pleased, I'll actually be able to spot them.  The ghillie suited snipers give me no chance but I kind of think it's almost cheating to be that invisible 😋

Anyway at the moment I'm still wearing my old s95 DPM and using scrim or sniper tape to cover stuff up.  It'll do for the time being.

I had a fun hour at my local site trying out my guns on the range, burned through several hundred in the new gun, it's absolutely brilliant.  But I'm getting wound up by hi cap mags

Haha, see what I did there, wound up ha ha haaaaaaa I'm here all week etc

So I'm thinking I might change to mid caps sooner rather than later... Will I find them a pain in the a**, unless I buy some fancy Odin speedloader to go with them?  Do I need to buy quality mags or will a cheap set of asg polymers (10 for £50) do ok?

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

I dropped down the investigative rabbit hole and found Lonex 200rd mid caps at less than a tenner each, when bought in a 6 bundle.  They seem pretty good from the few reviews I've seen.

So a couple of options there!

Nothing wrong with running DPM and Camo tape. Thumbs up from here.

Personally, I have both mid and hi caps. Purely personal preference, however Im not bothered by rattles or the odd winding. My UAR only takes hi caps so I don't have much choice, however I've got three cheap Battleaxe stubby mid caps for my Commando that are fun to use with that. Again, try it and see how you get on.

18 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

So I'm thinking I might change to mid caps sooner rather than later... Will I find them a pain in the a**, unless I buy some fancy Odin speedloader to go with them?  Do I need to buy quality mags or will a cheap set of asg polymers (10 for £50) do ok?

I enjoy laying down quite a lot of covering fire (expensive knee pads I have allow me to kneel for absolutely ages in unusual spots), as well as the odd attempt at a perfectly aimed single shot, and personally I hate mid-caps.

I bought myself some bloody expensive PTS EPM1 mags a while ago, and I just don't like them at all. I don't do milsim's so I use 370 round Nuprol full metal M4 mags and I prefer their weight and with a little shake I can very easily judge just how much I have left in them (I run with three of them, plus a small bottle that holds around 1,000 BB's, so I do get through quite a lot).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.