New guy

Paulrep

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi @Paulrep👋

Welcome to the forum.

Are you a complete newbie or have you played before?

Are you hoping to take on a sniper role or is it just for back yard use.(if you have a long garden)

If you aren't already it may be good idea to find an airsoft site near you and attend a few games to get an idea of what it's all about.

I've never been interested in the sniper role preferring instead a more active approach.

There will be plenty of people on here that will guide you though👍

Have fun and enjoy🙂

Have a look at @GAMBLE.

He has a you tube channel which is very informative and fun 😀

Regards 

Hi @Paulrep

Welcome to the forum. 

Have you played airsoft before? 

If not, any reason why you are anchoring towards snipering?

It can be an acquired taste, don't be fooled by the 10 min videos you see of people getting hit, it's normally taken the guy filming a whole day to capture anything of worth sharing, especially with the minimum engagement rules. 

You can get budget sniper rifles, but unless you've got a valid defence such as a UKARA number, you have to have it two tone. 

EDIT: Kudos to @Shamal who seems to have posted at the same time as me 😉

So ignore the double asked questions 😅

Edited by Brophy

Welcome Paul

Same questions as above 😁  (For skirmish or just plinking in garden?)

I have the Well MB01 (L96) and it seems to work well out of the box.

I only use it for plinking in the garden at about 20m.   I don't think it would be powerful enough for an actual skirmish.

Because snipers rely on single shots they need to be accurate and long range which are two things very hard to achieve in airsoft.

This means you'll need to spend a lot of time and money to make something work well otherwise you'll get frustrated as so many others before you.

If you are not registered with UKARA you will have to get one that is painted a bright colour.

I would suggest to get a green one and cover it with camo mesh as real snipers do.

Edited by EDcase

Hi @Paulrep 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

just like the others consider what you want? 🤔👍

Thanks @Shamal for the mention! 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Paulrep said:

any advice for getting a budget sniper rifle

Naysayers will say nay, but I say yea.

JG BAR-10 or CYMA CM.701 are both nearly TM compatible, and the CYMA may even be skirmishable out of the box.  Even the Well MB03 (or MB02 scout) can be made to work OK-ish without dropping big numbers, although the piston and spring are custom (but easy enough to obtain).

Don't start throwing money at them beyond a spring to get them up to 2.3J or so, until you see how they perform with 0.4g+ BBs.  A DIY TDC hop costs pennies if you're already tooled up, it's just drilling and tapping a hole above your hop arm and putting a fine threaded bolt in.  Upgrade from there as budget allows, or breakages dictate, e.g. when your trigger sear gives up the struggle.

Since you already have an M4, I'd suggest taking both out with you.  If you're not getting consistency with the sniper, ditch it and make any adjustments between games, while playing with the AEG.

Thanks for the replies, the sniper rifle is just for target shooting in the garden, i do archery at a club so have a little range set up for practicing with a low poundage bow in my garden already, mid 50s with arthritis so more into target shooting than running around playing soldiers these days.

• Supporters

Oh, then the Well MB-03 / MB-02 should do fine.  The differences between useless and awesome in airsoft skirmishing is about 20cm at 70 metres, which is unlikely to be an issue in your garden range.

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

The differences between useless and awesome in airsoft skirmishing is about 20cm at 70 metres.

i dunno, in my experience useless in airsoft standards means unable to hit a barn from inside aforementioned barn.

5 hours ago, Paulrep said:

...mid 50s with arthritis...

Be aware that the bolt pull is used to cock the spring so can be quite tough.  MUCH harder to pull than a real bolt action.

Would be worth trying one in a shop if you can.

If that is a problem then an electric rifle (AEG) will be much better and you can still have fun trying to hit a target 😉

Hello, I'm doing airsoft for a school project as I have always wanted to try the sport.

I was wondering if this  cyma tommy gun or m1928 (as its mother calls it when it is trouble)I'm just it is a good choice for a weapon.

Im also wondering how I could find teammate to to play with :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.