TM MP5 NGRS Owners

JamesWills

Does anyone know/has anyone tried a VFC retractable stock on their MP5? I can't find a replacement Marui one and hoping a VFC might fit...

28 minutes ago, kt82 said:

Does anyone know/has anyone tried a VFC retractable stock on their MP5? I can't find a replacement Marui one and hoping a VFC might fit...

The solid stock fits but the sliding stock for the gbb has a buffer etc in it.  I'll try it later when I get chance

On 07/06/2024 at 00:01, 1st commando said:

BIOs often aren't as good as non bio BBs especially if they aren't a good brand.

Personally i will not use bios in any of my rifles 

The trouble is my local site insists on bios, so I need to find some that are half decent and feed reliably 😩

On 07/06/2024 at 21:15, 1st commando said:

The solid stock fits but the sliding stock for the gbb has a buffer etc in it.  I'll try it later when I get chance

Any luck with the retractable stock? I have the original Marui butt and the whole locking module itself, I just don't have the two bars which retract...

If they fit, at least I can try moving them over to the TM parts...

1 hour ago, kt82 said:

Any luck with the retractable stock? I have the original Marui butt and the whole locking module itself, I just don't have the two bars which retract...

If they fit, at least I can try moving them over to the TM parts...

Oh good point I'll try it when I go upstairs in a bit

On 06/06/2024 at 19:34, Hotweeweejef said:

Any one else run into feeding issues with certain BBs

Only just got mine and had nothing but issues. Using some bios that I’ve not used before so I’m hope if it’s just that. 
Initially slight forward pressure on the bottom of the mag helped but now it’s just random whether it will feed on not. 

Think I may have found the actual reason I’ve been having feeding issues with my RIF
After watching a disassembly video of

the NGRS MP5, I noticed that mine is missing the spring that fits over the inner barrel and puts pressure on the hop unit when the outer barrel is installed. 

5E74DE1A-F514-42A3-B720-CEF813B5BDD6.thumb.jpeg.e0503bef22685042046b213011944943.jpeg

There is small amount of free play back and forth without it and I think may be causing misalignment with the feed lips on the mags.

Any idea where I might be able source a replacement? 

• 2 weeks later...