Trigger Response upgrades

Alfie_0

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, I'm very new to airsoft teching, I currently run a Specna Edge e05 stock on a 7.4 lipo, would the x-asr mosfet inside allow use of an 11.1v? I understand without a mosfet it can wear trigger contacts or something like that.

So far from research what I have understood is that an 11.1v, higher torque motor (?) and lower ratio gears will allow me to achieve a better trigger response, is this all? Or is there anything else I should be looking at?

Also, can I get a physical binary trigger or would it be better to upgrade to a different mosfet that allows for that?
Thankyou for the help

19 minutes ago, Alfie_0 said:

Hello, I'm very new to airsoft teching, I currently run a Specna Edge e05 stock on a 7.4 lipo, would the x-asr mosfet inside allow use of an 11.1v? I understand without a mosfet it can wear trigger contacts or something like that.

So far from research what I have understood is that an 11.1v, higher torque motor (?) and lower ratio gears will allow me to achieve a better trigger response, is this all? Or is there anything else I should be looking at?

Also, can I get a physical binary trigger or would it be better to upgrade to a different mosfet that allows for that?
Thankyou for the help

Hi.

I have the sa e-05 with the asr and I use an 11.1 with no probs. Regards trigger response. Mine is stock as well and the trigger is very responsive.

Can't answer your other questions though.

Regards 👍

• Supporters

there's 2 ways of going about improving trigger response (aka lock time).

first is as you've suggested doing things like bigger batteries, faster motors or taller gearing. this will have the dual effect of reducing the cycle time in semi-auto and also increasing the full auto rate of fire.

depending on how far down that road you go you can run into issues such as pme, which require more in depth methods to solve such as short-stroking.

the other method is to use electronics, mosfets with a precock function will reduce lock time but without increasing the auto rof. a lot less involved mechanically although it does mean hammering the motor with active braking which can get them running hotter and shorten their lifespan.

physical binary triggers afaik don't exist, it's only a product of an optical mosfet. however i would question the motives of anyone who wanted to use one in the field rather than just showcasing in the safe zone.

I know I am bias towards this.  I have a Gate Titan installed in both my SR25 and TM Scar and have never looked back.

There will be other and cheaper options out there though.

Have a look at the mosfet options which could work for your particular setup. Although most of the performance gains can be done with physical mods it often easier to install a mosfet. The links of gate and perun units to grab quick upgrade to the trigger feel.

I've found the perun units to be very good and offer the performance without the price tag.

• Supporters
20 hours ago, Shamal said:

I have the sa e-05 with the asr and I use an 11.1 with no probs.

Good to hear, thanks. Is this on the stock M90 spring?  No issues with overspin or double shooting?

26 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Good to hear, thanks. Is this on the stock M90 spring?  No issues with overspin or double shooting?

Well I'm not sure what spring is in there.🤔 The gun is pretty consistent in putting out 345 fps. So I guess it may be a sp100? 

Nope no doubles. Not really sure how overspin manifests its self?🤔

Reg

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Not really sure how overspin manifests its self?🤔

assuming he's referring to pme there's a few signs, ranging from some nasty sounding crunching, a drop in fps on full auto compared to semi, or the easy to diagnose whirr of death after the piston/sector gear teeth decide to go on a tour of the gearbox casing.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

assuming he's referring to pme there's a few signs, ranging from some nasty sounding crunching, a drop in fps on full auto compared to semi, or the easy to diagnose whirr of death after the piston/sector gear teeth decide to go on a tour of the gearbox casing.

Haha well thankfully I've not had any of those so I guess I don't have overspin. Thanks 👍

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Shamal said:

Haha well thankfully I've not had any of those so I guess I don't have overspin. Thanks 👍

yeah pme tends to be rather dramatic.

the other possibility is he's referring to the effect of a partial pre-cock caused by the motor not stopping immediately, pretty much guaranteed to some extent on anything without active brake and all it really does is make the gun a tad more responsive in semi (precocking is pretty much controlled overspin to stop the motor at a defined point right before the piston drops). in extreme cases that can roll over to a second shot which is your double shooting.

• Supporters

No, I'm asking about double shooting on semi.  One pull = 1.X shots.  I got that on my CYMA when I shoved a meaty 11.1V in, but it had a cut down spring which was noticeably short and provided no pre-load.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.