Ares RDB - First look and impressions. Buyer beware.

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Asomodai changed the title to Ares RDB - First look and impressions. Buyer beware.

I picked up mine for pretty much the same reasons! Got frustrated at the UK retailers not having any in stock, waited a while, finally pulled the trigger and imported one only for the retailers to start stocking it whilst mine was delayed in customs.

Not had a chance to fire mine yet (I went for the OD version too because obviously), but here's the offending rail/barrel. There does seem to be a left bias, but I'm not sure if that's just because I'm expecting one and held the camera like a fool. How cockeyed was yours in comparison? When I've actually had a chance to take it outside I'll let you know if it flies off target and hits the neighbour's cat instead of the target.

20210806_210517.jpg.dbea0ec2fbaa778a7f8ba201c38ba024.jpg20210806_210639.jpg.48e69d5ae956629c76925f62e9284b5c.jpg

Edited by noctu

• Supporters
10 hours ago, noctu said:

There does seem to be a left bias, but I'm not sure if that's just because I'm expecting one and held the camera like a fool.

That's leaning further left than Jeremy Corbyn going into Beckett's Hairpin.

image.png.25746456d093c289d0f7c79b1faa2478.png

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered myself one of these, did you manage to adapt the hop arm to fit a nub or just ran it with the prommy rubber and the standard plastic hop arm/built in nub? Got myself a purple rubber and a barrel to put in it when it arrives so was just wondering.

Also will ask, did you stick with a 7.4V or attempt the 11.1V, as I've seen a lot just saying use 7.4 for UK limits.

Cheers,

Edited by JackG

• 3 weeks later...

I'm quite keen on trying a bullpup platform as I have always run AK's so looking for something a little more ergonomic. Buyer beware doesn't make good reading but if the performance is at least entry level then it would be fine with me and some of the Youtube reviews do say this - and yes I know they may be paid for! 

My query is with all these proprietary parts could it make sourcing replacements an issue? 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.