Pistons Keep Stripping

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

CNC hop? 

Is this an M4 build? Don’t bother with a Maxx. Mine took loads of filing to get working properly and even then gave no real change over the stock part.

AK? Combat Union CNC hop is epic

2 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

CNC hop? 

Is this an M4 build? Don’t bother with a Maxx. Mine took loads of filing to get working properly and even then gave no real change over the stock part.

AK? Combat Union CNC hop is epic

V3 gearbox with an m4 hop. 

I wasn't gonna go with a maxx, maybe a madbul or prowin. Anything that won't reset itself at 20+rps. 

• Supporters
54 minutes ago, LazzurusMan said:

455mm inner barrel 6.03mm

i'd suggest looking at the stainless ZCI 6.02's @ak2m4 sells, excellent barrels for the money.

55 minutes ago, LazzurusMan said:

Cnc hop

is there anything particularly wrong with the stock unit?

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

i'd suggest looking at the stainless ZCI 6.02's @ak2m4 sells, excellent barrels for the money.

is there anything particularly wrong with the stock unit?

The stock hop doesn't stick. I had it set perfectly at the last skirmish, then after about 3 seconds of fire the pellets were flying sky high again. Either I need a new hop or to somehow adjust this one to not move when I'm firing. 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, LazzurusMan said:

The stock hop doesn't stick. I had it set perfectly at the last skirmish, then after about 3 seconds of fire the pellets were flying sky high again. Either I need a new hop or to somehow adjust this one to not move when I'm firing. 

ahh, you might be able to add a small o-ring? some g&g hop wheels have a little cutout for an o-ring in them to prevent that happening.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, LazzurusMan said:

V3 gearbox with an m4 hop. 

I wasn't gonna go with a maxx, maybe a madbul or prowin. Anything that won't reset itself at 20+rps. 

What gun is this in?

Prowin are not worth the money, their QC has gone down the shitter these days. Try the £8 plastic ZCi one from @ak2m4.

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

What gun is this in?

Prowin are not worth the money, their QC has gone down the shitter these days. Try the £8 plastic ZCi one from @ak2m4.

It's in a king arms sig 556.

4 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

ahh, you might be able to add a small o-ring? some g&g hop wheels have a little cutout for an o-ring in them to prevent that happening.

Got any links to a guide? I can't find anything online and I only have a short break at work. 

• Supporters
17 hours ago, LazzurusMan said:

It's in a king arms sig 556.

Might be worth taking a look at this then: https://www.shapeways.com/product/XJ94UG2AG/king-arms-sig-556-hop-up-spacer?optionId=59774525

• Supporters
22 hours ago, LazzurusMan said:

455mm inner barrel

Is what I wouldn't put in if you're going for a spicy ROF.  Although I'm just repeating internets wisdom, for what that's good for (HUH! Absolutely nothing!)

• Supporters
17 hours ago, LazzurusMan said:

Got any links to a guide? I can't find anything online and I only have a short break at work. 

sorry, must have missed this post last night.

don't really have a guide, it's as simple as stuffing a tiny o-ring under the hop adjustment wheel to give it a bit of friction.

1 minute ago, Rogerborg said:

Is what I wouldn't put in if you're going for a spicy ROF.  Although I'm just repeating internets wisdom, for what that's good for (HUH! Absolutely nothing!)

certainly if you're wanting to push it to the point of short-stroking.

the ak build i mentioned earlier was a 455mm barrel but it wasn't short-stroked.

generally i tend to go with just don't change the barrel length so you don't have to start messing around with voluming, although it's perfectly plausible to run a shorter barrel than the outer to enable short-stroking.

8 hours ago, Lozart said:

I shouldn't need it. I still have the original, and according to the paper test I have perfectly fine air seal between my nozzle and bucking.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.