Help a New Player Choose His First Gun

topchev

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello , im a new airsoft player , i've been to the field a few times and im thinking about buying my very first gun,im just asking for an advice which one to pick and why.

So i puzzle between 2 guns right now.One is the G&G CM Wild Hog 12 which goes for 270 euro here and the other one is Specna Arms SA-H06-M one which comes as a full set actually because it comes from a friend which has used it only a few times like 4-5 sundays,under a full set i mean everything that comes with the gun and a red dot sight,laser,a front grip and a silencer and all of that is gonna cost me 255 euro.Im gonna use them for outside and in buildings sometimes.Thanks in advance.

Can’t offer much advice as I’m as new as you!

Both look very similar and from what I understand both are decent brands. So after that it all comes down to what you want to spend.

If your budget’s €300 then the G&G is a good buy as it’s a full setup, as long as your mate’s not stitching you up - why’s he selling it anyway? €270 for the Specna becomes much more if you’re wanting accessories too.

Unless what you really want is a shiny new RIF in which case the Specna wins.

19 minutes ago, Madhouse said:

Can’t offer much advice as I’m as new as you!

Both look very similar and from what I understand both are decent brands. So after that it all comes down to what you want to spend.

If your budget’s €300 then the G&G is a good buy as it’s a full setup, as long as your mate’s not stitching you up - why’s he selling it anyway? €270 for the Specna becomes much more if you’re wanting accessories too.

Unless what you really want is a shiny new RIF in which case the Specna wins.

My budget is about 350 with the accessories.. But i wouldnt mind using the Specna if its the better choice, plus i have leftover money for potential upgrades.

Its the other way around the Specna is the full setup one and he is selling it to me because he has an ICS gun and doesnt use the Specna anymore,i dont care if the G&G is going to be a bit more expensive as long as it is the much better gun,but i dont know if it is , that's why im asking which one to pick and why.

Edited by topchev

Welcome

Personally I would chose the Specna option.

G&G and Specna are very similar in quality so its worth getting the extras.

You'll need to get good batteries and charger.

Search the forum for threads on those subjects.

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters

Either of them are decent choices.  Accessories don't tend to add much value to used guns, so I'm not sure if the Specna package is worth that much.  It depends on whether you want all those accessories and if it comes with extra mags and batteries.

Then again, if you can try it out and are happy with it, it's a low risk choice.

It's really up to you, I wouldn't recommend one over the other without seeing exactly what's in the Specna package and how it performs.

Oh yes, I didn't see that your friend wants to charge you 255Euro for the Specna.

That is high even with the extras.

See if he will negotiate.

Check online prices to compare...

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters

1st , Welcome to the forum !

2nd , do not ask for advice on “what am best gun to buy ?” On the internet ! 🤦‍♂️ 😂😂

seriously you will not get a definitive answer to your question on any online platform , all the answers you get will be very biased and you’ll even get some people giving advice when they’ve never even seen the what ever let alone owned one BUT because their friends/brothers/girlfriends/cousins/neighbours/aunties/dog walkers son has one they now think there an expert on the subject ! 😳 

Your best bet is just look at what everyone else has at a game day , see which you like the look off then ‘respectfully’ ask the owners about it and I guarantee you’ll not be able to shut them up about it AND most will let you have a play as well as all airsofters love having there egos stroked by someone drooling over our toys ! 🥴
PS the two you’ve named are both really good guns made by reputable manufacturers and are very much of a “both as good as each other so go with the one you like the look of the most” level of guns .👍

2nd what Druid799 said even with the high end guns there is still a chance it will be duff out the box. For everone that sings the praises a certain gun there will someone that will never touch it ever again.  Go with what you like (just never buy VFC) and you do not need to up grade any gun out the box actually use it Frist.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, BigStew said:

For everone that sings the praises a certain gun there will someone that will never touch it ever again.

you just described my relationship with lct ak's :P

8 minutes ago, BigStew said:

you do not need to up grade any gun out the box actually use it Frist.

unless it's an lct ak :P

although yes this is a valid point, unless you're already experienced enough with a certain make/model to know what deficiencies it'll have then you're always better off playing with it first.

at the very least it'll give you info to feed back to the community when asking for suggestions, details like chrono readings, how the shots are going etc can help diagnose what's up.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.