New Idea Wanting to See If Anyone Was Intrested.

Elliot_Blaize

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, everyone thanks for checking this post out. I have come up with an idea that I think may intrest some people who like building hi-capas.

The basic idea is that you send me an email or tell me what kind of serations, engravings, colour and cut outs you want on a hi-capa slide and i make it with aluminium (what 90% of slides are made of). 

The price will be about £600-800 depending on the complexity. I can provide some examples of what i've already done. If there is enough intrest i'll put up a site where you can lsee what can be done and how to contact me.                        

The image below is a example of what i can do.

vel.PNG.b5882b895bcf8a4fb03b1123b86fd5f6.PNG

Posting this on general because didn't really know where to put this.

Edited by Elliot_Blaize
accedently added a picture

• Supporters

it's an interesting idea, if you've got the kit to do it to a decent standard (read: it'll fit and work) then i can see a lot of merit in this at that kind of price.

of course wether or not the economics work out to allow you to do this for that kind of money is a different story, you've either got a lot of expensive machines sitting around or are going to be putting a lot of man-hours in.

that said, if you've got the kit lying around, custom machined parts at reasonable prices would be a godsend for certain folks of the serial tinkering persuasion.

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, Elliot_Blaize said:

Thanks, I've got a friend who machines parts for me with his cnc machine to 0.1mm of accuracy (width of a hair). So i design it on a program then send it to him for him to machine it.

Standard 3-axis? What kind of bed size?

If thats what he's charging to custom machine a slide i have a feeling i might have some (non hicapa) related work for him at some point.

I might go for a bespoke 1911 slide to complement my ultra tasteful 'Mutha Fucka' custom grips.

• Supporters
On 30/06/2021 at 23:53, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

my ultra tasteful 'Mutha Fucka' custom grips.

75639ED3-3FE2-4940-9671-707F09B0EFEF.jpeg

6 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Long slides for 1911s. 7 inches. That I can just drop onto a KWC or Marui 1911.

Please.

Specifically a hardballer long slide

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.