Jpc With That Annoying Velcro Admin Pouch? Mod it!

Dacks_18

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, just bought a Viper JPC (Fakes are really good nowadays, but anything without the hypalon shoulder material isn't worth it) but I couldn't help but notice how annoying and useless the top admin pouch is! Makes loads of noise, it's in an inconvenient area for the amount of force required to open it etc etc, meaning you never use it (Each to their own, respectfully).

So I took apart an old pouch laying around, just wanted the zip.

(I only removed the front pocket, so the pouch itself is still actually intact) carefully removing the front pocket with a stanley knife gently blading the threads;

20210507_003727.thumb.jpg.aab3c592c7e04f0c42a4c77dacbff916.jpg

Until I got the zip.

Now I measured the velcro to be 155mm on the JPC, with the whole pouch width to be 190mm, so I cut the zip down and stitched a few million cross-stitched across the zip tightly (To prevent the zipper leaving the track) and then put some super glue over the threads to harden them up.

20210507_003820.thumb.jpg.0d1a3e062d94abc3642aa8c4180c0a7e.jpg

Then I used double-sided velcro to apply to the material, just to hold it in place whilst stitching it;

20210507_003741.thumb.jpg.c7611a4615d3badb1bee03a4cf2ff198.jpg

Stitching looks bad here but I took more time on it after the photo, frankly though it doesn't have to be perfect, it won't be under load or stress, and you can always touch it up with super glue.

Worth noting, after stitching across the zip and cutting the excess off with scissors I burnt it with a lighter to melt the end, and then went around the edge of the whole cloth with a lighter to stop it fraying.

This is before;

20210507_003857.thumb.jpg.d606ecd5da8b84f1a159f8cb8ff43cf7.jpg

And this is after;

20210507_004150.thumb.jpg.c614d30594245a99dd376e63368e624c.jpg

20210507_004212.thumb.jpg.c55f60dc489e5e2820230424b874172a.jpg

20210507_004231.thumb.jpg.a7c0e104b92cc9cb6135831694574ad2.jpg

Hopefully this helps somebody! 

I would probably have used dark velcro if I had some but honestly you can't see it, I've shown in the picture you need to peer down my chin(s) to see it, but you can just stick the zipper mod down lower in the JPC's pouch to make it non-visable.

Cheers!

20210507_003746.jpg

This mod has been around for a while :) but kudos for making it on a budget ;)

25 minutes ago, Skara said:

This mod has been around for a while :) but kudos for making it on a budget ;)

Yeah, it has - but I just wanted to be helpful and share how it can be done, rather just posting a pic saying "I did this".

It's easy, it doesn't have to cost anything and yeah you can buy them pre-made on AliExpress but it's up to the individual if they want to pay money and wait weeks. 

Anyway, enjoy.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Dacks_18 said:

So, just bought a Viper JPC (Fakes are really good nowadays, but anything without the hypalon shoulder material isn't worth it) but I couldn't help but notice how annoying and useless the top admin pouch is! Makes loads of noise, it's in an inconvenient area for the amount of force required to open it etc etc, meaning you never use it (Each to their own, respectfully).

Just a side note, Hypalon was discontinued by DuPont as a product in 2010 when they shut their only factory making it. Crye now use 100% neoprene for the straps on the JPC.

Nice mod though, I have a similar thing for my AVS clone (I bought mine from Tacbelts UK though).

• Moderators

Well done, good work, only thing I'd have done differently would be to use dental floss instead of cotton, it's mad strong & close to invisible on most surfaces.

24 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Well done, good work, only thing I'd have done differently would be to use dental floss instead of cotton, it's mad strong & close to invisible on most surfaces.

That's a good idea, I'll remember that.

26 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Just a side note, Hypalon was discontinued by DuPont as a product in 2010 when they shut their only factory making it. Crye now use 100% neoprene for the straps on the JPC.

Nice mod though, I have a similar thing for my AVS clone (I bought mine from Tacbelts UK though).

Ah, I gotcha. You knew what I meant though! 😂 basically steering clear of the super-cheap clones with stitched fabric for shoulders.

Next mod will be an easy one - kangaroo pouch kydex insert! 

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Dacks_18 said:

Ah, I gotcha. You knew what I meant though! 😂 basically steering clear of the super-cheap clones with stitched fabric for shoulders.

Next mod will be an easy one - kangaroo pouch kydex insert! 

I've never let a full understanding of the point in question stop me from being pedantic 🤣

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.