Tactical Helmets, the Good the Bad

Davegolf

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, looking to get a new helmet, modern army styled, so FAST / Mich / Gentex etc.

Of the replica minefield, can owner shed some light on which are decent quality for a rep, and a comfy fit for circa 58-60cm

Im not planning on throwing loads of junk on it, but dont mind the rails being there.

All i ask is that the helmet fits over my Comtacs.

Had an FMA one before and it was flimsy and definitely did not "one size fits all".

Have seen a fibreglass one, not sure if any better??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airsoft-Mich-Helmet-With-Rails-Black-Fibreglass-Uk/371530761022?epid=1242115954&hash=item5680f5833e:g:oQQAAOSwi8VZR9yJ

Oh and being 6'4" the extra height of the MK7s is a bit of a turn off :D

Thanks in advance.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

Oh and being 6'4" the extra height of the MK7s is a bit of a turn off :D

“Bit of a turn off” would have thought an airsoft site would be an absolutely shit place to go ‘on the pull’ mate ? 😳

the helmet you linked too is from a well known but expensive british seller so if you keep looking around guaranteed you’ll find it cheaper elsewhere .
I’d say you mite have a bit of a problem finding a ‘cheaper’ option as you’ve a big melon to cover with a skid lid , remember 90% of airsoft kit is made for the Asian market which on the whole run a lot smaller in size than we are so most helmets out there are going to make you look like a closed cup mushroom 🍄 .

• Supporters

The PTS MTEK is to me an amazing option, those things are as good as the legit Ops-Core bump helmets to my mind, except you can actually get them in the UK and far cheaper.  The owner of the company told me they'd be climbing/impact rated if they used real suspension systems and pads because the shell is that good, but the replica straps and pads haven't gone through the expensive lab tests required.  I know with the real MTEKs the shells are only one size i.e. XL and far as I know the PTS copies that accurately.

I'd imagine the price isn't for everyone but that's the kinda lid you can buy once and use for decades of airsoft.  Also super high cut around the ears like the latest O-C SF Ballistics which means the best possible clearance around electronic ear pro for max comfort/min head crushing.

• Supporters
On 12/12/2020 at 23:53, AlphaBear said:

The only bucket I know that fits a big mellon is the FMA maritime helmet. They do it in an X/XL size. That will easily fit a 58-60cm head with room to spare. 

You call that big?

My noggin is a pumpkin sized 62 cm. I can say with a degree of authority that while the FMA L/XL fits it's not very roomy. All of FMAs OpsCore knock offs are based on a size down from the real ones (so the L/XL is more like a M/L). The main issue I have with the Maritime is the shape of the shell to be honest. I have the FMA FAST, Maritime and Team Wendy bump and the most comfortable BY FAR is the Team Wendy. It's a different shape, the pads are way better and the retention system is better too (so much so that I've retrofitted a TW style set of straps to my Maritime along with some TW style pads).

Apparently the Airframe helmets are even bigger but I'm not a fan of the shape so I've not actually tried one on yet.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.