Dual Pane Pyramex I-force Alternatives?

Lollingsgrad

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm not aware of any.  What's the goal?  You want something quite like the Pyramex, but different?  In what way?

DIY double glazing your single-panes of choice is a viable option.  A sheet of PETG (I used 0.75mm) and some 2mm thick double sided foam tape cut into strips.  It really is as simple as cutting the PETG to fit and sticking it in place, ensuring that you butt the tape joints well so that you don't get any gaps.

I've only done it to goggles, but there's no reason you couldn't do it to individual lenses, as long as they're big enough that the tape doesn't obstruct your vision.

37 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

A sheet of PETG (I used 0.75mm) and some 2mm thick double sided foam tape cut into strips.  It really is as simple as cutting the PETG to fit and sticking it in place

mhm.....

Let me browse eBay real quick...

I'm not aware of any.  What's the goal?  You want something quite like the Pyramex, but different?  In what way?

It's just that they're not a good fit. In particular they leave a worrying gap around the nose. I do like the style in general so I'm fishing for some alternatives to try.

I've only done it to goggles, but there's no reason you couldn't do it to individual lenses, as long as they're big enough that the tape doesn't obstruct your vision.

I'd thought of it but I think in a sunglasses style it'd really eat into your peripheral vision. On the Pyramex the spacer for the panes is in the frame and I don't know if you could retrofit that. I will keep it in mind though thanks.

• Supporters

Ah, right.  Yes, that's a pickle, and I'm surprised that there aren't more dual panes out there.  But then again, I guess there aren't that many people needing polycarbonate glasses that don't fog up after sweaty activity.

9 minutes ago, heroshark said:

I have a pair.

I recommend enlarging the ventilation slits because they're tiny and the goggles end up fogging quick, despite the dual pane lens.

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Skara said:

I recommend enlarging the ventilation slits because they're tiny

Are these ventilation slits for ants?

image.png.c410e5835af0c0eb42f9e951c77ff5f9.png

37 minutes ago, Skara said:

and the goggles end up fogging quick, despite the dual pane lens.

That circular bit in the middle is just begging for a fan.

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

Yup, that's basically what I'm advocating DIYing.  It's not a new concept, pinlock inserts and sticks in lenses have been available for motorcycle visors for years, I wouldn't ride without one.

I suffer from fogging up so I've tried various things over the years. I've had some success with the dual pane pyramex goggles but I've now switched to these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DCZ6K68/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

not dual pane but I only get minimum fogging when it is humid and thankfully this being the UK that happens once a blue moon.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.