Ak74 Bakelites

Davegolf

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

NPO I guess, as they transplant airsoft internals into real 5.45 shells, but they are rather expensive at €50ish per mag..

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, Skara said:

NPO I guess, as they transplant airsoft internals into real 5.45 shells, but they are rather expensive at €50ish per mag..

This, i really want a dozen of the plum ones......

Like really badly.....

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

AK74 Bakelite mid caps that for Real Swords?

Why do you want 5.54X39 mags in a 7.62X39 based replica sounds like heresy? 

When you could convert 7.62X39 Bakelite mags  from Zib http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/61431412.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61431412/Products/91312 

Using this guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EoZ9MqEgYY  

There is also a individual in the Northern Pack FB by the name of Кирилл Панов who dose real steel mag conventions not directly for Real Sword but for E&L & LCT but they fit RS with minor filing on the mag rear locking lug underside.   

Haha! Planning on building up an AK105 hence the request for AK74  Bakelites.

Aee there any off-the-shelf options?

@E21A I think @Sniper780 just made a typo, I seem to have ridiculous dyslexia typing sometimes too!

Thankyou Skara, those NPOs look fiiiiiiiine! 😍

To anyone wanting to modify "bakelite" type plastics.

Dremel, sand or cut them at your own leisure but older western thermosplastics, and any russian thermosplastics are very likely to contain asbestos.

Perfectly safe unless you disturb the material buy cutting or abrasing.

Thanks to all involved, i did contact NPO directly, but they are currently out of stock / not manufacturing them.

If anyone wants any - i ordered some from Grey Shop RU, they look so pretty!! Cant test them ATM as my AK is in bits.

To any potential purchasers, they do need a little TLC to finish the untreated cut metal areas, this could be done with black aerosol and would mimic the OE finish on some plum mags.

IMG_5091.JPG.4013bf1e3f7a5ecb8c5664e2ff20a721.JPG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.