Advice for Swapping Items

LoneTactix

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was wondering if anyone has swapped guns with other people and how you go about the procedure?

My thoughts would be to both send proof of postage and that's kinda that, but any additional advice or stories would be appreciated. 

I have only swap 3 airsoft guns and they have all been face to face, two swap on, skirmish days which is Ideal but dose not always happen. But I personally would never swap/trade via postage as one party could send an empty box and you would not known until its too late, Or the item is not in the condition as described or shown in pictures but if it been post not a great deal you can do.  

Down side to face to face is organising where to meet, fuel cost , your personal safety and if the other party backs out last minute and does not tell you. 

I've done it via post once with a trustworthy seller. 

Otherwise its always been a halfway meet. If they don't want to or expect you to drive to them, sorry but no thanks 🤷‍♀️

I personally wouldn't risk swapping via post. There are some great guys in the community, but also some complete scam artists. 

Seems the smartest way you could do it is one party sends their package and the other pays an agreed amount.
Once one package is received the other party’s sendS their package and then the first party sends an agreed amount.

Means if there’s any trouble it’s like a standard sale. Both party’s don’t technically pay anything apart from maybe PayPal fees.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.