Jump to content
Zarrin

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Recommended Posts

Any Star Wars fans rejoicing at the return of TCW?

 

Just watched the first episode of the new final season - thoroughly enjoyed it!

 

Looking forward to see some CW era closure to the story arcs of Rex, Ahsoka, Darth Maul and perhaps some of the other prominent Jedi as we get closer to order 66 in the series!

 

Oh and Cad Bane... I wanna see more of him too! 😎 😁 

 

Official trailer here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got to the point when Asoka left the the Jedi council and walked off in a huff... I think that's the end of S5. I've heard the final season is epic though... Looks like a binge watch over a weekend for me... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I got to the point when Asoka left the the Jedi council and walked off in a huff... I think that's the end of S5. I've heard the final season is epic though... Looks like a binge watch over a weekend for me... 

Yeah that story arc at the end of S5 is pretty awesome - quite sad though!

 

I only watched CW starting in mid 2019, and am glad i'm not having to wait half a decade for the last season like the poor sods who watched it from day one... once S7 is done I may check out Rebels, though I have heard it's not quite as good.

 

I imagine the prequel trilogy will be vastly improved upon another watching having soaked up all the lore from TCW.. and i'm not even a big a prequel hater. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I'm a how can I put it a big/real StarWars fan... mind you many people are I expect. I strictly OT though.. you can't beat Ep4,5 and 6 period... oh Rouge 1 too... those are by far the better movies..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlphaBear said:

Oh I'm a how can I put it a big/real StarWars fan... mind you many people are I expect. I strictly OT though.. you can't beat Ep4,5 and 6 period... oh Rouge 1 too... those are by far the better movies..

 

Ah for sure mate, same. I would easily put Empire and Jedi in my top 10/20 films of all time.

 

Recently brought some of my old toys down from the loft for my 10 year old nephew who is getting into SW, was awesome to see them again... the really old ones from the 70s/80s, they are seriously massive toys 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They don't make them like they used to that's for sure! I have quite a few of the old early 80's Hasbro ones...  there's a falcon still boxed and the electronic X-Wing with all the sounds... it's priceless, well to me it is... Let's not even start talking about Lego or Hot Toys.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

They don't make them like they used to that's for sure! I have quite a few of the old early 80's Hasbro ones...  there's a falcon still boxed and the electronic X-Wing with all the sounds... it's priceless, well to me it is... Let's not even start talking about Lego or Hot Toys.....

 

Ah nice, yeah keep um for sure, the value is only gonna go up...  I had the Falcon too, also 2 AT-ATs, AT-ST, rebel transport, B-Wing, Snow speeder... unfortunately I played the heck out of them when I was very young and they are fairly beat up with pieces missing, I think the Chicken-Walker is the only thing fully intact. Funny though how the proportion ratios are really off on some of the old toys...  on the other hand the Micro-Machine action fleet stuff from the mid 90s were pretty much spot on, those were great pieces! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be watching it. Seen all of Clone wars, rebels and resistance. There is supposedly a sequel to Rebels coming next as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Musica said:

I will be watching it. Seen all of Clone wars, rebels and resistance. There is supposedly a sequel to Rebels coming next as well.

 

I've heard resistance was a bit of a flop... what did you think? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, mzjango said:

 

I've heard resistance was a bit of a flop... what did you think? 

worst of them all but none of them started of particularly strongly and it didn't get to grow like other did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Musica said:

worst of them all but none of them started of particularly strongly and it didn't get to grow like other did.

 

I quite enjoyed CW right from the get go, though i did watch it in chronological order, so I think it actually had me watching some season 2 episodes first...  I didn't particularly like Ahsoka to begin with as she was a bit bratty and I was in the mindset of 'no.. Anakin did not have a padawan' - but it all sort of fits into place in the end and she even turns into quite a solid character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mzjango said:

 

I quite enjoyed CW right from the get go, though i did watch it in chronological order, so I think it actually had me watching some season 2 episodes first...  I didn't particularly like Ahsoka to begin with as she was a bit bratty and I was in the mindset of 'no.. Anakin did not have a padawan' - but it all sort of fits into place in the end and she even turns into quite a solid character.

 

Chronological order is better and makes it flow but took 3 years to be able to watch like like as it goes 216, 116,Movie (animated), 301, 302 then 101. Resistance never got 3 years and in Rebels they introduce Thrawn in season 3 who is amazing. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Musica said:

 

Chronological order is better and makes it flow but took 3 years to be able to watch like like as it goes 216, 116,Movie (animated), 301, 302 then 101. Resistance never got 3 years and in Rebels they introduce Thrawn in season 3 who is amazing. 

 

 

 

Ah yeah the blue fella right...  he keeps popping up on my youtube video suggestions, but yeah i'll defo give rebels a watch after S7 of CW for sure, if nothing else for the Vader/Ahsoka stuff, that all looks pretty epic. Unfortunately, I may or may not have already seen all that on YT 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Disney+ around the corner hopefully I can catch up on all the episodes of CW and Rebels which I have missed....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

With Disney+ around the corner hopefully I can catch up on all the episodes of CW and Rebels which I have missed....

 

you get all the SW and Marvel content with that right - how much is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's £49.99 for the first year and then goes up to £59. The offer is valid until the 24th March as that's when it starts streaming. You get 4 screens too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

It's £49.99 for the first year and then goes up to £59. The offer is valid until the 24th March as that's when it starts streaming. You get 4 screens too...

 

That aint bad at all, about 4 quid per month on the first year, gonna check it out...  if a lot of the content is in 4k then I may get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes 4K is the big selling point... if it's anything like Netflix 4K then all will be good.. I wonder if they will stream Dolby ATMOS too? That would be a killer over normal 5.1. 

 

But yeah just over £4/mth.... it's a no brainer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

loved my old Star Wars toys, got pretty much the complete collection in the parents attic.  Kept all the boxes as a lad, late 80's came home from school one day to find dad had chucked them all out in one of his cleaning fits!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

loved my old Star Wars toys, got pretty much the complete collection in the parents attic.  Kept all the boxes as a lad, late 80's came home from school one day to find dad had chucked them all out in one of his cleaning fits!!! 

 

Eugh, that is freakin tragic mate, your 80s young self has my condolences...

 

So my brother an I are thinking about restoring the old B-wing at the moment, it's missing both wings and the cockpit canopy. Funnily enough there are quite a few shops on eBay pretty much dedicated to selling the old sw toy parts. But my brother actually works in rapid prototyping (3d printing) so he'd like to maybe go that route!

 

I brought all the micro machine action fleet stuff down last month for my nephew to check out, I think they are actually my favorite sw toys, even more so than all the old og stuff:

The proportions on these were pretty much perfect... except the B-wing, pretty sure the cockpit is slightly too big.

 

20200219_220654.thumb.jpg.cc5d4e0f42c05a73146e66d4d4e853c8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been nearly 35 years but I'm almost over it 🙂 What versions are those?  I had something called the Storm Trooper transporter were only ever on screen for a second in the original films.  I loved it.  Popped up in the The Mandalorian.  I've got the B-wing as well, I remember was so big and you could never stand it up right 

sw.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

It's been nearly 35 years but I'm almost over it 🙂 What versions are those?  I had something called the Storm Trooper transporter were only ever on screen for a second in the original films.  I loved it.  Popped up in the The Mandalorian.  I've got the B-wing as well, I remember was so big and you could never stand it up right 

 

Yeah that's one of the rarer toys the troop transport... I reckon for sure that would have been put in by one of the guys in the mando production unit who had the toy as a kid.

Looks like they are gonna re-release it too: https://forbiddenplanet.com/297404-star-wars-the-mandalorian-imperial-troop-transport/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw9ZzzBRCKARIsANwXaeKciQSp1GFRwVETMLrcqfb-_0OyvHdTtj9w0oosHlqtZb7DScM1d38aAgsNEALw_wcB

 

The ones in the pic are the SW micro machine action fleet, they were produced from the mid to late 90s for the re-releases, and then started up production again for the prequels in the early 2000s.

The one that got away so to speak was Slave I, might have to see if I can pick it up on eBay one of these days.

 

The old B-wing was massive yeah, probably 60cm long. As a kid I would reenact the hoth battle using the OG ATAT and the action fleet snow speeder, they were just the right scale for each other.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

It's been nearly 35 years but I'm almost over it 🙂 What versions are those?  I had something called the Storm Trooper transporter were only ever on screen for a second in the original films.  I loved it.  Popped up in the The Mandalorian.  I've got the B-wing as well, I remember was so big and you could never stand it up right 

sw.png

 

Haha, that's amazing! Although individual pockets/bins for each troop really isn't the most efficient use of space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What did people think about the 'bad batch' arc - I really enjoyed it.. I liked the theme tune they gave the bad batch guys too.

 

Theres a great little remix of it with the resistance theme from the Ep7 TFA:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the last two episodes of TCW last night - the final arc was great and gives some great perspective on what was going on whilst the events of Revenge of the Sith are playing out.

The light-sabre dual in episode 10 is actually one of coolest looking in all of star wars imo.

Been watching Rebels concurrently actually and while it is not as good as TCW, it has some great episodes and moments.


Some really interesting news about Star Wars recently – just the other day Taika Waititi was made director of a new upcoming film. But also some odd and disturbing news; one of the next series or films is being taken over by an ultra-zealot feminist. I really do hate the direction Kathleen Kennedy has been trying to take these projects in – I’m glad she had no control over TCW.

Even then, I’m cautiously optimistic for season two of the Mandalorian, the Obi-wan series, the Ahsoka series and whatever Taika is working on as he’s probably my favourite director to emerge into the spotlight in the last few years.  

 

TCW S7E10 light-sabre dual - spoilers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlFC8woFkTA

The finale last night made me want to go back and watch this scene from Rebels again - potentially a bit spoilery if you've not seen all of TCW or rebels...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU9JRYzUBBg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...