Under 18 using my UKARA number

Callsign Four_Leaf
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I recently got my UKARA and noticed my airsoft buddy who's 16 almost 17 started getting really friendly lol. He's always tried to get other people to get him RIF's and pay them for it, but most of them either said no or only did it once, but I've known him for a while now and I can't really say no lmao.
My concern is that he might've found the bit of paper that has my code written down on it, if he has, does he need all of my correct information that I used to get the license to purchase a RIF or just the code? And will I get some kind of notification if he does use it eventually?
I haven'nt had a chance to use it yet so I'm unsure about the whole thing 😕

4 hours ago, Callsign Four_Leaf said:

So I recently got my UKARA license and noticed my airsoft buddy who's 16 almost 17 started getting really friendly lol. He's always tried to get other people to get him RIF's and pay them for it, but most of them either said no or only did it once, but I've known him for a while now and I can't really say no lmao.
My concern is that he might've found the bit of paper that has my code written down on it, if he has, does he need all of my correct information that I used to get the license to purchase a RIF or just the code? And will I get some kind of notification if he does use it eventually?
I haven'nt had a chance to use it yet so I'm unsure about the whole thing 😕

If he were to use it then it ought to be delivered to your address

It’s an offence for you to buy on his behalf and to take his money.  It’s legal for you to purchase with your money and gift it to him as a present

• Head Moderator

It is illegal for children (under 18 years old) to buy or be sold an IF or RIF.   There is no defence for either the buyer or seller in the case of being under age.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Callsign Four_Leaf said:

I can't really say no

You really can.  Why do you think it's relevant that he's very nearly still a year too young to legally purchase RIFs?

8 hours ago, Callsign Four_Leaf said:

My concern is that he might've found the bit of paper that has my code written down on it

In other words, you've given him your number, and now you're having worries about whether there will be any comeback on you.

Probably not.  However, there should be.  I'd like to see your UKARA revoked at a minimum, for what I hope are obvious reasons.

9 hours ago, Callsign Four_Leaf said:

does he need all of my correct information that I used to get the license to purchase a RIF or just the code?

He could in theory buy a RIF without any of your info other than the code

And will I get some kind of notification if he does use it eventually?

Nope

Might teach you a lesson not to leave important information laying about that someone else can use.

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, Mad Rag said:

is this a thing @Rogerborg can this be done?

I don't see why not.  They're issued by sites, they can surely be revoked by sites.  This is the sort of shenanigans that a player verification system is supposed to avoid.

The site might not be bothered, but I've pointed them at this thread anyway.  Helpful, me.

1 hour ago, Mad Rag said:

is this a thing @Rogerborg can this be done?

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

I don't see why not.  They're issued by sites, they can surely be revoked by sites.  This is the sort of shenanigans that a player verification system is supposed to avoid.

The site might not be bothered, but I've pointed them at this thread anyway.  Helpful, me.

yea your site can take it away when ever they feel like it. They issue it to you basically vouching for you, if they decide they don't want to vouch for you anymore for any reason they can take it away. 

While I am uncomfortable with that because I could say go online an leave a bad review for my site for say being full of marshals going around knifing players for no reason. They could technically go well fuck him and take my ukara off me. I think it's a necisary evil as if a site owner truely judges someones character to no longer be fit to purchase RIFs then they need to be able to take away what they gave in the first place.

As for OPs situation if you think hes only being more friendly  becauase you can get him something he wants then hes not your friend. You should report him to the police if you belive he is trying to illegaly obtain a RIF with information he has taken of you without your permission. I garentee if he does something stupid with his RIF and they do an investigaion to find out how he got it you'd be scrutinised as that number has your name and address attached to it.

That being said I don't know how far the number alone would get him I suspect not far but I am hesitant to include why as I don't belive your truely a victim in this.

Archived