wanting to get into the hobby

robwigan
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

29 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

+1 to lowa’s. They’re expensive, but I use mine 10 hours a day for work and then for airsoft. They’re on my feet 60+ hours a week and they’re still like the day I bought them. Best £160 I’ve ever spent 

Indeed. And if they are looked after they will last virtually forever.

I binned my Lowa's, like an absolute trumpet, I got when I was in the army because I didn't know you could get them re-soled with legit soles.

Bought a brand new pair last year for hill walking, working in the garden and for walking the dog/walking to work in the shitty winter weather... Top drawer for snow and ice!

Now they have another purpose to add to the list... Airsoft!

My ankles thank me every day!

1 hour ago, robwigan said:

the mill in Wigan that's been quoted is I kid you not less than 10mins walk and I have booked on for tomorrow. it looks good 

can any one recommend some more woodland like venues 

Nothing super close. I know there’s one called military outdoor adventure in Standish somewhere. First and only have crossfire woods in Preston, and there’s one in skem too but I’ve never been. I think it’s called swat

4 hours ago, Seven said:

Uhhh, what's wrong with magnums? I used them for years...

I’ve never had a pair that have lasted longer than a few months and I don’t think the ankle support they provide is good enough. Boots are a very personal thing though so what doesn’t work for me clearly works for you.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Seven said:

Uhhh, what's wrong with magnums? I used them for years...

They were a bit of a revolution in boots when I started wearing them about 25 years ago, but the quality really nosedived about 5 years ago, I had a few pairs fail on me prematurely, gave them a couple of "chances" as work were paying for them, but now I wouldn't bother.

I'm currently using Bellville Tactical Research's, & loving them.

I never went much on them, gave me bugger all ankle support, and I have rolled ankles so that's pretty important to me.

Similar thing with alt berg defenders. Fine at first, but once broken in the leather went soft right around the ankle.

Only real boot I've used was my original karrimor ksb gtx, or my current boots Scarpa r-evo gtx which I love.

Next pair will probably be Lowa,  saw a lovely pair of desert combats yesterday that's felt lovely.

6 hours ago, Tackle said:

They were a bit of a revolution in boots when I started wearing them about 25 years ago, but the quality really nosedived about 5 years ago, I had a few pairs fail on me prematurely, gave them a couple of "chances" as work were paying for them, but now I wouldn't bother.

I'm currently using Bellville Tactical Research's, & loving them.

Ah, my knowledge of them is fairly old to be honest. They were THE boot to have about 10 years ago but if the quality has dropped it would make sense that they’re not so popular 

Archived