Hop unit/ hop rubber combo

matas17
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So im in need of new hop unit/hop rubber and a nub. I am not sure what would be best combination for 326fps gun with 0.2g. Anyone can recommend something who has more knowledge in this.

Thanks

• Mostly Retired Moderators

The first thing you should do is up your BB weight.

With a new rubber you could / should be fine on .28s.

One of the most popular rubbers is the Prometheus purple (you'll see this called the "Prommy purple").

I've got one and it's fantastic. I'm going to start keeping a spare in my case too.

Hop up units tend to be finicky.

I've got a Prowin and it works fine for me. Some people have guns that don't agree with the Prowin. It's trial and error in afraid 

Try a purple rubber in your gun first with heavier BBs, leaving the hop unit standard for now and see if you're happy with that is my advice.

9 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

The first thing you should do is up your BB weight.

With a new rubber you could / should be fine on .28s.

One of the most popular rubbers is the Prometheus purple (you'll see this called the "Prommy purple").

I've got one and it's fantastic. I'm going to start keeping a spare in my case too.

Hop up units tend to be finicky.

I've got a Prowin and it works fine for me. Some people have guns that don't agree with the Prowin. It's trial and error in afraid 

Try a purple rubber in your gun first with heavier BBs, leaving the hop unit standard for now and see if you're happy with that is my advice.

My main rifle is KWA RM4 ERG and the hop unit is bit of a hassle, since its really tight and honestly. its hard to slide barrel with hop rubber on it. Its so hard that the barrel literally slides through the hop rubber and pushes it back past the space where hop rubber is meant to sit. I tried Prowin and whenever i get everything done, it feels bit loose on the inside no idea why

As Lewis said firstly up the weight, 

bb .28

prowin hop unit

maple leaf yellow macarone rubber 60

maple leaf Omega nub 

modify airsoft flat hop nub and rubber are also a very good combo with the pro win 

Prowin won't fit in an ERG, believe me I tried.  You are pretty much stuck with the proprietary KWA hop unit.  Re rubbers, the best that actually fits is either the Guarder Clear or the Madbull 50, both will need trimming down to the correct size.  Re hop rubbers in general, I have found the G&G Green to be superb

9 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Prowin won't fit in an ERG, believe me I tried.  You are pretty much stuck with the proprietary KWA hop unit.  Re rubbers, the best that actually fits is either the Guarder Clear or the Madbull 50, both will need trimming down to the correct size.  Re hop rubbers in general, I have found the G&G Green to be superb

it does fit once outer barrel is filed down properly, Believe me i done it to fit any hop unit i want. and i have 2 uppers 13.5'' and 10''  both are filed down to fit any hop unit

11 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Forget the Prowin and look at the maxx hop unit. It is far better and doesn't have the same QC issues.

is it even any good

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, matas17 said:

is it even any good

Yes best after market unit out at the moment. Extremely well made with good tolerances. It comes with a couple of arms to suit your preferred hop and nub combo and there is a tracer version as well.

They have even made one specifically for the ICS Cxp range. Haven't had my hands on that version yet but hoping it is just as good.

1067929465_Screenshot_20180727-185224_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.6a2845c8fe8312ed0a7efb3c33649865.jpg

3 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Yes best after market unit out at the moment. Extremely well made with good tolerances. It comes with a couple of arms to suit your preferred hop and nub combo and there is a tracer version as well.

They have even made one specifically for the ICS Cxp range. Haven't had my hands on that version yet but hoping it is just as good.

1067929465_Screenshot_20180727-185224_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.6a2845c8fe8312ed0a7efb3c33649865.jpg

because of you im looking into buying tracer one to see what its like

but what about tolerances, does the barrel move side to side, in and out of the hop unit and does it twist inside or no

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, matas17 said:

because of you im looking into buying tracer one to see what its like

but what about tolerances, does the barrel move side to side, in and out of the hop unit and does it twist inside or no

No barrel will fit snug without any wobble and once c clip is fitted you won't get any twist or movement.

Try skirmshop uk for it. Might show out of stock but they will get it in for you and at the same time you will be supporting one of our own as he runs it.

Newbie question alert... I've got one of these hop units in my Recce just now.  *Unit with the adjustment wheel on the sidejPHR6PdYgIrOukmOwSgd_B71BTN4R1f8vidockozKOKHdUYunr22uLnhMa_HstV-yL-bGhdq5MfPGOWjLYqrgMvGsBJTUKUSp2RGMI_Ulx0rENw3Y9BcpXrdHZdbQrXKD-1azLli4aXh6M1k8lAJPK4vQc_XVDnndsJVA2Eg6KEu8xuBiHKyuEVRp_aSMUPeXgtXeihcht6CK5zYE-ibbJYJYEbegIG6DuJt5P4fHVboqcG9MbT2n6NCnW9DobxIlIju9nnC67KqKAlDZMtmZYNH-_7bHTfUsilNeClj320xr_SNK4iBWinCtUWAyRlbxWJJOOmZvEK6svXkjBNLubz3LawHUYmv8jo-k875JwCU6Jv-k7qglAHR_N3hbWC98Mc_6yztSZRu8p_3m1LEHMji--pEA-OUdgbiW6iYoscUMfaIcZaO3P7kkpcMlvXM2ausHfy8eJ8PkwYS-yVfPO9COY_Uz8oCnEjceJbwqpHlfauF3XrQjVZWY1Jazv8ahLpf_iFRjWMQ3FYM7SpIlr7PcPPxcHxrm15rU0XBj8UhDXxm6JGbdDT2W9csKzbjtOMA1cHGijTaxARDHmyMzttezs7VtRalUfTKAwfo=w1132-h849-no

Can I replace it with a unit with the adjustment wheel on the back? Like this prowin M4 one?

image.png.b50ec937e8b1f3915e108e12ffa4e074.png

There seems to be plenty of space around the unit when it is in the gun.... but I don't know if am just not looking at it right:

image.thumb.png.c990f3f2072b876d95bf579d8f22eb76.png

Archived