m14 magazine dimensions

kasaran
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so... i bought one.  but, looking at magazines, how big are the mid cap m14 mags? will they fit in my m4 style pouches?

im looking at either the TM 70 round mid cap or the cyma 180 round mid cap. if anyone has either of these, can you tell me the measurments, and whether they fit in standard pouches.

• Supporters

Probably not?... The M14 fires a 7.62 round, while anything AR (excluding 9mm, the few 7.62 and the abominations that are 7.62x39) fires a 5.56.

7.62 vs 5.56 mag

• Moderators

Are you talking about generic "m4" mag pouches that have a flap on them ?, or dedicated 556 shingles ?.

if its the former, then there's a good chance they'll fit, as they tend to be aimed at 2x m4/or a g36 mag etc.

BUT if its the latter, 556 shingles, not a hope in hell, they don't even like 556 aug mags & many of the new breed of magpul style mags that have ridges etc on them.

Just now, Tackle said:

Are you talking about generic "m4" mag pouches that have a flap on them ?, or dedicated 556 shingles ?.

if its the former, then there's a good chance they'll fit, as they tend to be aimed at 2x m4/or a g36 mag etc.

BUT if its the latter, 556 shingles, not a hope in hell, they don't even like 556 aug mags & many of the new breed of magpul style mags that have ridges etc on them.

the pouches on mine are the flappy kind, but dont have much width space free with a standard m4 mag in them.  so, new load of pouches need to be bought. ah well, my curse, all the guns i like have different mags

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, kasaran said:

the pouches on mine are the flappy kind, but dont have much width space free with a standard m4 mag in them.  so, new load of pouches need to be bought. ah well, my curse, all the guns i like have different mags

I understand your pain. I have a VSR, several ARs, a G36, a M14, a Stoner 63, a M249, a Barrett .50cal, an AR-57, and a 9mm PDW... So thats ten different mag pouches I have to have haha

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kasaran said:

Get yourself a couple of m14 mags to try before buying any pouches, you might be pleasantly surprised, one of my rigs (bandoleer) has 4 TT 7.62 shingles on it, each taking 2 rows of Molle & squeezed up tight to each other, no empty rows between them, but I can still fill them with m14 mags no problem, partly due to the curve of the body allows them to open out, & I'm a fat f*cker ;) lol, so a skinny bugger should technically get an even better fit going on ?.

• Supporters

With Tackle on this , I’ve got a couple of 14’s and a shed load of ‘generic’ mag pouches and I fit the 14 mags in no probs , matter of fact thinking about it I don’t have any 7.62 pouches at all ! 

Archived