MWS + which accessories?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hopefully later today I will be the proud recipient of a TM MWS and a couple of magazines.
I've just ordered some Geoff's .28 BBs.
I'm wondering what else I need?
I'm guessing some kind of speed loader would be a good idea, but with them being gas mags am not sure which would be a good one to go for?
Some kind of sight would probably be a good idea, but with the recoil, I'm not sure where to start, let alone finish.
Any other accessories I'm missing?
Front grip? I like the vertical grips, but there are so many, I don't know where to start!

I like the ACOG style sights and HOLO. Not a fan of the price tags though!
I'm going to re-purpose my triathlon kit bag for guns + kit - it should fit everything. I just need to check the length.
If I can get some foam, I could possibly do a custom base for it, which would be pretty cool - any other ideas welcome!
I think this time round I will not try and cut corners. I just want to buy once :D.....

Morning!

One like this works;

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/tokyo-marui-no-108-marui-bb-speedloader-w-adaptor-smoked.htm#.WpUnBedpFdg

Never had any issue with most red dots, the recoil is fairly tame.

Personally ive had best bang for buck with Aim0 / Element brand for Eotechs etc

Youll want Abbey Vertex or Propane at this time of year.

Some very lightweight silicone oil for interim piston lubing

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Abbey-Silicone-Gun-Oil-35-30ml-Dropper-Air-Gun-Rifle-Lubricant/301870375001?epid=1088967058&hash=item4648e06059:g:xQcAAOSwGJlZN9yV

Parker Hale gun oil for all metal moving components

https://www.nsrashop.co.uk/products/parker-hale-express-gun-oil

Your good to go, anything alse is personal taste really, like a mini Magpul RVG

IMG_0112.JPG

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

Youll want Abbey Vertex or Propane at this time of year.

That is a gorgeous RIF!
At the moment I'm using this in my pistol:
http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/gas-and-lubrication/asg-ultrair-power-gas-520ml.htm
Would that work? (Mainly cos I have three cans of the stuff and nothing else at the mo!)
If not, is there anything you have to do to it to make it run OK on propane?

Elcan SpecterDR! :lol: Depending on which model you get, it can go from 1x-4x zoom with optional red or green illumination. The mini red dot on top is a nice addition. Unlike sights I have owned previously, I have not had an Elcan fail on any gun, and I like upgrading a gun to give the most recoil it can get. Yes, it has a higher price than most airsoft sights but is not too far from the ACOG. You have just bought one of the best rifles, why not get it some of the best attachments ^_^

As above, the AIM-O and Element EOTechs are pretty good, I had two of those. Although I find that every EOTech clone I have owned has a severely tinted rear lens.

T1 is a nice, small optic. Quite a few out there to pick.

I would suggest a Magpul MOE RVG (or clone) as a foregrip. Seems the perfect size for M4 type rifles.

However, none of this stuff is needed. You can do fine with iron sights and the handguard/rail without a grip. It is entirely up to you.

Last thing I would recommend is a good sling. 2-point preferably unless you like having your gun swing into your nuts, then go for a 1-point. Once again, I would recommend a Magpul sling (I like Magpul).

Here is a picture of my M4 just before it got rehomed.

PmRJq0m.jpg

Thanks for the comment :)

Yeh run that gas and see how it goes / what it chronos at, if your shooting around 325 your gas is right on in standard form.

Hang on are you actually looking at getting a RS optic!? Very jealous if you are!

If you want a red dot on a budget the ones listed above work well, yes the lens has a blue hue on a lot of red dot reps' but you get used to it in no time, a red dot should be set close enough to you eye that when looking through it with both eyes open the main body of the optic is not really visible, bit like when you cross your eyes, this gives you a great field of view, and a superimposed dot in your brain :)

ANyways if you are looking at RS optics, for red dot a genuine Eotech is very nice, equally is a T1.

If you want mag then tactical optics like ACOG, Specter etc are big doh, but they are made to perform in enviroments and abuse we cannot dream of, very nice all the same i would love one.

However if you wanted high quality mag might be worht looking into the short dot route, i can highly reccomend the Nikko 1-4x 24, basically a better vision king.

Exceptionally good lens, FOV and eye relief designed for a reasonable amount of recoil.

37 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

@BigBlackGlock - Gorgeous RIF!
The Elcan Specters are more than ACOGs!! 2K for a sight is a world away from me :(

It is a clone, cost me about £100

Edit: I believe this retailer to be the only one in the UK with Elcans that are not the crappy Nuprol ones. £130, including 24hr shipping. This one is fixed 4x with the red dot:

https://www.magfedpbuk.com/product/specter-x4-magnification-scope-reflex-red-dot-sight/

Short dot is the jack of all trades option. I have a visionking short dot on mine. The Nikko Dave pointed out is better, but both a very good. While not as cool looking as the spectre, they have better eye relief (at least in my experience) and have variable zoom. 

If youre using it as a general, mid range assault rifle and want a red dot, vortex optics are where I’d put my money. RS optic with a lifetime warranty at an affordable price. 

I have a couple of RS sights, but whatever you can get that will hold zero and not break is a win. Up to you on the style you prefer. 

I would go for some decent gas, a decent sling and maybe a RIS Sling mount. 

And absolutely buy a TM speedloader... All others seem to break. 

I've been researching sights and have come up with this short list.

I am mostly going to be using the MWS for woodland / FIBUA (Camp Sparta), I think. And I'm mostly going to just run a pistol for CQB, as the sites that are local to me aren't very big. However, I might try it out in CQB to see what it's like.
Any thoughts on pros and cons of these set ups would be much appreciated.

Model Mag weight (g) Cost

Strikefire II

+ VMX 3T

1-3 419 £370.00

Sparc AR

+ VMX 3T

1-3 427 £362.00
Spitfire 3 436 £320.00
Strike Eagle 1-6 x 24 498 £320.00
Crossfire II 1-4 x 24 453 £227.00
Strikefire II 1 204 £190.00
Sparc AR 1 212

£182.00

(And yes, I was bored! The van was in for its MOT, so I was stuck in a garage with nothing else to do...).

If that is your budget, grab a RS Eotech off of eBay. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173186359386

2 hours ago, Dentonboy said:

If that is your budget, grab a RS Eotech off of eBay. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173186359386

I could be tempted by that - yet I don't know enough about them to know if it's genuine or a fake - and I can't match it to anything in their current line up in terms of logos etc.. It might be an older 552, but I'm not sure...

Any thoughts on the vortex stuff?

It looks real to me, a picture from the bottom with a serial number, etc., would pretty much rubber stamp it. The reticle looks off centre in one pic when tilted, which is what I would expect to see, clone reticle generally fix to the centre in my experience.

Vortex sights are fine. They are a Porsche Boxster of sights if you will...an entry level super car.

If that EoTech is the real deal, and any seller should be able to post further pictures to determine bona fidas...then it is a decent Ferrari for the price of a Boxster.

That is a good buy. 

I accept PayPal for finder's fee... 

Ha! 

First time out with it today.
Very happy with it indeed.
The Viper single point sling, not so much. The clip is buggered already and there's no way I'd trust it to take the weight of the rifle any more.

Can anyone suggest a decent sling that's going to last a lot longer than one skirmish? (and preferably one under £50)..

Went with the black hawk, as I found it for £25 delivered and the Vickers was more than double... Fingers crossed. 

At the moment the sling mount is in the end of the stock. Which means the rifle hangs very low - can you get anything so you can attach the sling further forwards?

• Supporters

You can, I forget their actual name but they go In front of the buffer tube with a loop on each side(left or right mounting availability) They are pretty universal. Have a look on PatrolBase for Sling mounts, and then see if you can find cheaper/better elsewhere!

51 minutes ago, Prisce said:

You can, I forget their actual name but they go In front of the buffer tube with a loop on each side(left or right mounting availability) They are pretty universal. Have a look on PatrolBase for Sling mounts, and then see if you can find cheaper/better elsewhere!

Thanks for that, I shall go on the hunt...

Next question - Which mag coupler fits the TM mags? Because so far I've only found ones for pmags and I don't think they'd work?

Archived