Jump to content
Airsoft Forums UK
L3wisD

Anyone else pick up a SNES Classic?

Recommended Posts

Preordered mine back in July and it's been a long couple of months.

 

Arrived yesterday and I'm loving it.

Always had android boxes with emulators on them etc, but this is quality. It feels like I'm ten years old again and playing on my SNES in my room :)

 

It's also adorable!

 

qNDWnos.jpg

dEs3Eil.jpg

zmg0YRt.jpg

UsRsZiC.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That takes me back to 1993 and playing Street Fighter, had to buy a second controller for P v P games.  Gave it to my nephews as their first console before they had a Palystation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ah piss off lol...

 

missed out on bagging one, and still wish I had kept the baby NES I managed to buy a few months back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend got one of these recently and had it chipped so now has something like 150+ games, I must say after having a go on it I am tempted to pick one up myself as it does have that nostalgia feeling which i really enjoyed! shame more of the platforms that are out currently wont do more remastering as I'm desperate to have a remastered version of Dino Crisis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked one up now :) Woooo... havent had a chance to plug it in tho but excited!!

 

Also will look into chipping it as above!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t buy one of the SNES mini’s but have the mini NES from last year, which is also awesome...

 

...will keep an eye out for one of the SNES versions though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a NES mini, but saw they were fetching big money so sold it on ebay for £120 the next day  :P 

everywhere said they would get more stock so I figured it would be easy to bag another, but nowhere did.... Bastids!

 

The SNES is awesome. My son just turns his nose up at it, trying to explain this was the Xbox One of my youth gets me funny looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

I got a NES mini, but saw they were fetching big money so sold it on ebay for £120 the next day  :P 

everywhere said they would get more stock so I figured it would be easy to bag another, but nowhere did.... Bastids!

 

The SNES is awesome. My son just turns his nose up at it, trying to explain this was the Xbox One of my youth gets me funny looks.

Oh no way! I’m sure loads will be up for sale in a couple years once people are tired of them ‘cluttering’ up the tv units.

 

the youth of today may have the awesome graphics, but I still think the old classic games have more playability by far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sako said:

Oh no way! I’m sure loads will be up for sale in a couple years once people are tired of them ‘cluttering’ up the tv units.

 

the youth of today may have the awesome graphics, but I still think the old classic games have more playability by far!

 

I'll take shite graphics and playability over loot crates and rinsed to death IP's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Duff said:

 

I'll take shite graphics and playability over loot crates and rinsed to death IP's.

 

Hear hear!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

 

Hear hear!!

Seconded! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The games were addictive and didn't need all the Gucci graphic wow factor.

For me the biggest win is the cartridges, insta-load and you don't have to download a bandwidth crushing update every week.

It really is $hite today, most the new games suck for single campaign / story etc... bit like Marvel films these days lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

The games were addictive and didn't need all the Gucci graphic wow factor.

For me the biggest win is the cartridges, insta-load and you don't have to download a bandwidth crushing update every week.

It really is $hite today, most the new games suck for single campaign / story etc... bit like Marvel films these days lol

 

Takes 2 hours to play a "new" game. An hour to install the bloody CD then another hour waiting for all the downloads. My son waited till lunch time to play WWE on xmas morning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×