RVDesai

London People!

Whats your field of choice? Never been airsofting before, Live in the London area and i'm looking for a place to start going to regularly!

Theres quite a few and most seem either really underbooked or just dont have much info in regards to how popular a session is on their site!

Need some help getting into this sport, done a lot of Army Cadet stuff so once i learn a bit more i'd love to do some MilSim stuff!

If you live in London, it isn't that far from The Mall so I would try that. Depending on what side of London you live of course. There is the Bunker 51 site but never been and not many others nearer the centre. 

If you live out north theres AWA out in Sawbridgeworth Hertfordshire thats where i go only been a few times but everyone is very friendly.

I did mate, we are heading to Airsoft plantation this week, welcome to come along if your free, just look out for the half-hearted ghilli suit!

2 hours ago, DamoclesStorm said:

Shiz is Dragons Lair still open. There website hasn't been updates since January 2015. Not really a good sign.

Yes mate

Their website is a bit neglected but their Facebook site is active.

16 hours ago, Prisce said:

I did mate, we are heading to Airsoft plantation this week, welcome to come along if your free, just look out for the half-hearted ghilli suit!

Will see you there hopefully!

Awesome!

5 hours ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Will see you there hopefully!

On 8/25/2017 at 3:52 PM, Shizbazki said:

AWA Herts - Hertfordshire

https://www.facebook.com/AwaHerts/?fref=ts

Played at the site, was disappointed IMO, the road leading to the site needed a 4x4 and my poor BMW 320d did not like it, I made it though. Entrance to the site is literally through a hedge, the safe zone was poor, being a few garden benches and tables, no hard cover only a few tarpaulin or those cheapo gazebos you get from Tescos. Games were ok though

Just some points to add to this as I don't think its a particularly fair review (if a review at all)

• The road is not owned by the site so its very hard to get anything done to get the state of it changed - it is a working track so farm machinery is constantly using it hence the pot holes etc. the farmer does kindly fill in the serious holes if and when he has the materials to do so
  • The entrance to the site has over grown a bit and yes you walk through the hedge side to get into the safe zone... its better like this as it avoids people seeing it from the road as kids already come down and trash the safe zone on a semi regular basis which we then fix before players arrive
  • 90% of the seating area is covered by large (not bought from Tesco ;)) marquee's that have sides that are able to be rolled down in less than favorable weather.
  • The site itself is 80 acres of mixed dense/open woodland with a mix of semi permanent and permanent buildings.
  • Games range from timed 20 minute games to hour + long scenarios
  • The safe zone has a small shop selling BB's, Pyro, Gas, chocolate, drinks and lunch... free tea and coffee all day
  • Free charging of batteries should yours run out
  • Toilets on site (portaloo's that are emptied regularly)
  • Average turn out of around 70 -100 players every game day
  • New games constantly being introduced

I've tried to be as unbiased as possible but if your going to review a site you may as well give a more concise review of facilities and description of the site.

I live Crystal Palace way and have played at Airsoft Billericay for the most part. There's Red1 that have a couple of sites around London, but I've yet to try them.

Went to Airsoft Plantation this weekend just gone, and that is a really good site! They're a bit rubbish at marketing, but are a really good bunch of people! I'll hopefully go this coming Sunday. 

There's also some sites down south, like Tactical Airsoft, but I've yet to try them.

Edit :- All are a bit of a faff to get to without a car. Though Red1 have a site in Chislehurst, which I'd like to try as its not far.