Barrett .50 project

Fras42
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone, this is my first post here. Short introduction, been into airsoft since being shot by one when I was 12, started off with cheap springers and eventually when money permitted bought better gear (one from evike in the US). Now a year ago I came across the snow Wolf M82 AEG and thought damn I'd love that but nope can't afford it but saw on the site they had a Galaxy M82 (.50 cal) spring. So I stupidly bought it and some 0.3 ammo for it. Even took it to the site I play at and somehow got 10 kills with it before saying nope and switching back to my underpowered Umarex. My idea was this. I want to make a blow back or recoil system for this rifle to turn it into a true .50cal sniper that can lob rounds (within limits) and have the insane fear factor the real beast has. So being a humble noob how in the name of RNGEZUS does one do such a thing? XD

PSX_20170115_183143.jpg

• Supporters

How many insanely skilled professional machinists, 3D modellers and GBBr mechanism expert designers/fabricators do you know?  And more importantly how much money do you have to pay them for their extremely valuable time?

None that I know of I'm still really a newbie after 8 years. And hopefully I'll have some spare if my race bike sells. How much are we talking or should I just sell the barret as a movie prop and stick with my trusty L96

sell n stick...

Also this abandoned airstrip you play? is this a site or just some land you use?

Just some land me and my mates use. It gets used for all sorts. I don't say that lightly either

• Supporters
5 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

How many insanely skilled professional machinists, 3D modellers and GBBr mechanism expert designers/fabricators do you know?  And more importantly how much money do you have to pay them for their extremely valuable time?

I could do it for him.

To the OP if you really want to do it I can help. Give me a shout when you have a buyer for your kidney and we will sort a payment plan for the rest.

I don't think my kidney would be of any use, I drink like a Russian. So being honest should I ditch/sell the .50 because even with the hope up taken out 0.3g rounds still curve up

• Supporters

Yea, not feasible. I just finished my Barrett project - $1200, 3 months, and a fair bit of modification later its a nice rifle. Making it blowback... Youd be better off buying a SOCOM barrett.

You get what you pay for. I would think best bet would be having a really good blowback DMR system - which will cost you in the £500-750 to begin with, then using that with custom parts to create a conversion kit (similar to how you get the carbine kits for pistols, but on a much bigger scale), to create the M82. Either way, you're still going to need to employ a couple of good fabricators.

The $1200 figure above really isn't far off at all, not a bad cost at all.

Of course you could always just buy a plastic 1:1 model to carry around with you, then when nobody's looking whip out a £20 springer pistol, and just blame the wind conditions when you don't hit anyone...

I sold it but took the spring out (chronograph put the rifle and 495fps) to put in my L96

Archived