Pistol tactics

Elts7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all

Im attending some pistol only evening where ill be renting the g17's they have. Ive never used a pistol, only a main arm.

Is there and specific tatics i could use or any different way of handling a pistol compared to a main arm?

I thoughy ide ask as i only have limited experience and you guys have a vast knowledge in comparrison.

So. Any tips are welcome :D

Thanks

As Aengus said.

Skirmished with my PKM last week but was ditching it a lot in the heat and was running with my P226 E2 for most of the time.

Found that I was able to use speed and stealth a lot more and was far more 'aggressive' in my play.

I loved it, tbf.

Just check ammo and get as many mags as you can afford!!!

Stay mobile, keep gear to a minimum so you can move quickly and quietly. Do not allow yourself to get pinned down. Try to always sneak around and shoot people from behind or the side.

• Supporters

OP, if you want, I can post some of my videos from The Mall. It it the only UK site I regularly attend (as regularly as someone who lives in the US can, anyway), and for the last three visits, I have only used my pistols. I agree with what the guys above are saying - In several of the games I used up just about all my ammo - and I carry a lot. I usually have 3 50 round G17 mags, 2 22 round G17 mags, 4 16 round XDM mags, and 2 22 round XDM mags, plus 4 shells for my launcher. In two of the five games a day at The Mall I used up all my ammo, and one of the other 3 I was a captured VIP whom the one team forced to sit in a corner the whole time. One thing you need to remember with gas mags - they will always fail when you need them ;) . That's why you carry extras.

I have actually had a fairly extensive bit of training in the States with the real-steel versions of these guns, and while that certainly helps some, its just as the guys above said - play fast, play aggressive, and play sneaky.

My experience? I own soooo many pistols, and use them in both the US and UK. My collection includes: 2 VFC M&P 9s, 1 TM M&P 9, 2 WE G17s, 1 WE Springfield XD, 1 WE Springfield XDM, 1 WA Stryer-Voight Infinity 5` Prokiller 1911, 1 WA Stryer-Voight Infinity Government "Magna" 1911 (which I only just fixed in the last 10 minutes), 1 Umarex Colt Peacemaker SAA, and 1 WE SIG P226. I love using pistols, and I've even taken on teams of Polestar players over here in the US with my pistols only, even in open game sites. You just have to play a little smarter and a little faster and you will be fine.

OP, if you want, I can post some of my videos from The Mall

Yeah if you dont mind please. Will be nice yo see how people handle them. Dont ever see people use them normally

• Supporters

Yeah if you dont mind please. Will be nice yo see how people handle them. Dont ever see people use them normally

Will do when I am done with my classes for the day.

Archived