PIF (new starter) Black rifle?

stewieAS

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have recently started airsoft (still waiting for my first skirmish). I was given and old rifle to borrow by my cousin, as he no longer uses it, just until I get my own rifle and equipment.

Now the rifle is in black, it's a G36 GEN 2. I don't have UKARA membership does this mean I can't use it in skirmishes?

My cousin seems to be of the impression that UKARA is only for purchasing and as long as I am sensible and only use it for skirmishing (which of course I am sensible) I will be fine using the rifle until I get UKARA and purchase my own PIF. Is this correct?

Many thanks, S.

• Root Admin

Also, the phrase you're looking for is 'RIF' - realistic imitation firearm.

As has been said, VCRA only covers the sale of an RIF. UKARA is one way you can prove a defence for buying* one, but is not the only one out there (though it's the easiest to use and most commonly accepted).

• Moderators

Not much to add, all above 😀, I just came in as curious about a PIF 😀, sounds though your all sorted now and not likely to go shopping with it...

Oh and on mobile when I saw this

• Supporters

Also, the phrase you're looking for is 'RIF' - realistic imitation firearm.

As has been said, VCRA only covers the sale of an RIF. UKARA is one way you can prove a defence for owning one, but is not the only one out there (though it's the easiest to use and most commonly accepted).

But of course there's no requirement to have a defence against the VCRA to own one as the VCRA does not legislate against ownership.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.