TM Recoil, good or all hype?

Raggedy_man

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

@EvilMonkee - Out of curiosity which retailers would you recommend for the KWA ERG series rifles? In the past when I watched and read reviews for the KWA recoil rifles they seemed prone to component failures very early on in their lives.

I'm not going to lie, I love my TM G36K and my only gripe with it is that it doesn't feature a bolt stop/stop on empty (please oh great spirit of Tokyo Marui, release an upgrade/update for this beautiful rifle) but I've been looking for a recoil AK-74M with stop on empty/bolt stop and as far as I know the only electronic option is a KWA.

Based on my limited experience, and that of people I know how run them in my local area, the general consensus is that TM are the cream of the crop.

@Wo1f - My only guess on this front would be if the G36 series was released early on in the NGRS lines development/deployment. It's my understanding that their AK's are also considered to be NGRS but it's only the newest one which offers a stop on empty feature.

26 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@Wo1f - My only guess on this front would be if the G36 series was released early on in the NGRS lines development/deployment. It's my understanding that their AK's are also considered to be NGRS but it's only the newest one which offers a stop on empty feature.

It’s a shame really. Not having the features and upgrade options of the others is the only reason I’ve not bought one. Might as well buy any of the other ebb g36’s for half the price. The WE gbbr version is still king for me 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Wo1f said:

It’s a shame really. Not having the features and upgrade options of the others is the only reason I’ve not bought one. Might as well buy any of the other ebb g36’s for half the price. The WE gbbr version is still king for me 

Having fired all (I think) EBB G36’s the TM is miles ahead of the the rest with the grin factor (same with the original AK’s as well) yes there’s no mag lock , (is with the new AK) the ‘recoil’ is  just so much more noticeable on the TM AND you’ve got the added bonus of the almost mythical TM range without having to do anything to it out of the box unlike most other brands ? 

Very true about the gas ! 👍

On 21/07/2019 at 21:39, FreeFrag.UK said:

@EvilMonkee - Out of curiosity which retailers would you recommend for the KWA ERG series rifles? In the past when I watched and read reviews for the KWA recoil rifles they seemed prone to component failures very early on in their lives.

I'm not going to lie, I love my TM G36K and my only gripe with it is that it doesn't feature a bolt stop/stop on empty (please oh great spirit of Tokyo Marui, release an upgrade/update for this beautiful rifle) but I've been looking for a recoil AK-74M with stop on empty/bolt stop and as far as I know the only electronic option is a KWA.

Based on my limited experience, and that of people I know how run them in my local area, the general consensus is that TM are the cream of the crop.

I had the AK74M ERG too, great rifle if a little creaky in comparison to the M4 variants only swapped it to get my GHK back.  Best place in the UK for anything ERG related is J-TAC Custom, you can find them on Facebook.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.