Gas idea

joshcowin

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It was more the reliability of hpa in a magazine this winter than anything and not having to have a airline running from my back. Yes i would reg it and the owning and filling a tank is fine as work have a 4500psi compressor some of the lads use it for their polarstar

The main consistency and reliability advantage HPA has over normal GBB systems lies completely in the regulator, simply filling a gas mag with HPA would create no improvements.

Air behaves differently to propane when pressurised. Propane under pressure becomes a liquid so that the gas above the liquid stays at the same pressure, replenished by liguid vaporising to add more gas. If you fill a mag with air, it will not liquify so each shot will have less power then the one before. The only way to get HPA to work is by having a tank with a regulator.

Oh, misunderstood... You want the bottle attached to the gun? You can get airstocks which sort of hide a small air tank in the stock but you'd need a few bottles or a way to fill them on site.

• Root Admin

Jesus man - use that edit button.

I think what's being said is using an HPA tank like any green gas container and filling the magazines - not tapping them for HPA. As has been said, you wouldn't get the volume of air required for probably more than a few shots.

Said it before will say it agian. Use nuprol low temp green gas in the cold. Works great! From anything above 5-7° and if its colder than that then personaly id rather be at home in the warm.

Yea the nuprol 3.0 is 17.99 a can. But works between 3-10° which is pretty efficiant. Thing is if you run a gas gun they are genrally more expensive to run/maintain. If you want to run a gas gun in the winter then is defo going to be more expenisve to make work well. Sooooo buy expesive low temp gas or buy an aeg lol love my aeg wouldnt swap it for any gbbr on the market + all the tea in china! My gas pistol i love and in the cold works fine as the nuprol 3.0 gas last bloody for ever in pistol mags :D

• Root Admin

I've really not seen anything to prove it performs any better than say Guarder Powerful at those temperatures. I tried to run my M4 at the start of this year and it was pretty horrible - it has a fully steel bolt and it's the WA system so it's not the most innovative thing ever, but I can say that the Powerful gas did perform better than the 3.0 (don't think their 4.0 stuff was available at the time). I mean Smart Gas sells itself as being a 'low temperature gas' on the can, but it's sure as hell not close to Nuprol 3.0 or Guarder Powerful in terms of power.

The bit about it working between 3-10 degrees isn't backed up by anything but the claim on their can and Facebook page. As far as I can tell the Guarder Powerful stuff is just that - more powerful and the larger cans are compressed even more. Although this probably isn't that case for you, it does disappoint me that Nuprol's very basic advertising pitch has been eaten up so readily by so many people. We've seen their BBs are naff yet people still buy them, and I don't think their regular gas has ever been any better than, say, Abbey Ultra.

Yea there green gas im not a fan of but the low temp stuff was good when playing in the cold bunkers of ucap. I have to agree though it would apear nuprol products genrally arnt up to scratch really.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.