Electric Pistols

Raggedy_man

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Afternoon all, I know electric pistols are a bit frowned upon by some but I was wondering what peoples views, experience and recommendations are?

My thanks.

• Supporters

All the people i've spoke to who own TM APEs have been very happy with them. I think a lot of people frown upon them as it's a case of "why not use a gas blowback pistol?" and I sort of agree. I've played in around -2C in the winter and my HK45 still works fine and to be honest I wouldn't want to play if it was any colder than that.

I guess they make sense if you regularly play in really cold temperatures but then you lose the fun of shooting a GBB pistol :(

Co2 is still affected by temperature, it should be quite similar to GG but someone else should verify that. The problem with co2 however is that they shoot too hot even if it's -5 :P

CO2 is not as affected by temp as gas although it is a little. It is 800psi so the drop is a smaller % than gas. Some pistols will be site safe but as TheGrover said, a lot will run too hot to skirmish

I have a MP7 and count it as an AEP as it shares half the internals of the TM Glock etc. And it can just about fit in a leg holster.

PRO

Not limited by gas in terms of reloading times/frequency, mag capacity, or temperature

Pretty similar to an AEG in performance

CONS

Easier than gas but still have to change the battery every game if used as primary

AEP gear boxes are tiny little bitches to fiddle with/upgrade

No recoil/blowback, but if that kinda thing tickles your fancy you could probably make your own running off the battery using one of the items for sale here: www.annsummers.com

• Supporters

Then there is the cheapo non-blowback gas pistols starting about half the price of AEP's...

£20+ basic GG

£45+ EAP

£60+ BB GG

right up to £100 to £150+ higher end stuff

please note these are rough figures - can't be ar$ed to quote this bargain n that bargain & you may need to add shipping n crap on top

I've got a tm glock 18c AEP , great little pistol use it now as my main sidearm , I did have a we p228 gbb which was good fun though , now I'm on the look out for a g18c gbb just because I like glock not to replace the AEP you understand :-)

I've used several AEPs in the past and though they are very practical I just prefer my gas pistols more. Very useful in CQB but too underpowered to be useful at woodland sites.

That said a compact, light sidearm with the option to go full auto is nothing to be disregarded if you use sniper rifles. Very useful in those "OH F***!" moments when you run into several players at close range.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.