new novritsch aim cam

sp00n

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

How MUCH!!!!!!! $265 = £170!!!

so what is it ...

Mobius action camera = £50 (ebay, loads of them on there can be had cheaper etc)

x7 lense = £10 :wacko: (i have seen a pack of lenses for less then £10, they are m12x0.5 lenses fit, no idea on magnification etc)

RIS mount = £33 shapeways (with delivery) http://www.shapeways.com/product/2XJ243CG6/mobius-camera-picatinny-mount-forward-facing?li=search-results-1&optionId=40642873

total = less then £100

its almost as big a rip off as his "sniper rifle upgrade kits", where are just edgi custom works parts (see the "edgi custom works" on face book)

i really do respect the guys youtube video's, he is an amazing sniper, but wow he knows how to charge!

• Supporters

yeah i guess he is trying to make a brand.

but from my perspective, he could have atleast added a sticker or something ... just to add something to it

I thought that straight away seeing his video of the 'Novritsch aim cam' which I'm pretty certain since it is a Mobius camera is breaking copy right law in some respect as he is selling it in his name with no credit to mobius. Also he is charging a hell of a lot for something which should not cost that much.

Might even leave the link to this forum thread on his youtube video ;) Save people some money

I wondered how long it would be before I saw these threads. I made the same point. A 45 £ camera a for 200. Not the deal of the century. And for those that lens are about £4. I believe he is using the 16mm for those looking to do it themselves.

Ps. You can just get a tripod mount ris attachment as the mobius comes with a cover with tripod attachment.

Pps. You can do the same with the Sj400/go pro/ basically any action cam

Bullet

I dont get threads like these. My reasons being, you can buy a whole iceberg lettuce for 80p in tescos. Or a bag of shredded iceberg lettuce with less the volume Of the actual lettuce for £1.50. It's the same principle, it saves you time and effort and so it costs more as someone else has spent the time and effort to do it for you

I dont get threads like these. My reasons being, you can buy a whole iceberg lettuce for 80p in tescos. Or a bag of shredded iceberg lettuce with less the volume Of the actual lettuce for £1.50. It's the same principle, it saves you time and effort and so it costs more as someone else has spent the time and effort to do it for you

Except in your example, they've told you what they did, and you know what it is that they got cheaper and added value to.

What would you think if they only sold Shredded Iceberg Lettuce and the other was not an option?

Please excuse my very basic analogy, I could have worded it differently but on my phone I really couldn't be bothered.

But your "dictatorship" analogy was also off. Anyone who buys anything online knows there are multiple vendors and a quick search on Google will bring up loads of viable options. Therefore people have loads of different options to buy this kit. You can't fault a seller for not mentioning you can buy all the parts seperately for less and for also wanting to profit for their work in providing a simple one stop solution.

Anyone too lazy to search online when buying something online deserves the price they pay.

Please excuse my very basic analogy, I could have worded it differently but on my phone I really couldn't be bothered.

But your "dictatorship" analogy was also off.

Not sure what you mean by 'dictatorship' - I did presume we were both excluding shopping elsewhere as your analogy might imply. However, I can't be bothered to continue this discussion. (This is not a sleight, I just cant see the point in arguing when in principle we agree).

The big difference here is he is using somebody else's product and marketing it as his own...

Love it or hate it, there's a LOT of people that have zero clue how to record or even attach a Cam to a gun. Looks like he's making about £50 profit on top which to be fair is reasonable! He's including a 3D printed Rail mount which beats all the Electrical tape I keep seeing people using on these Mobius cams.

Guest PT247

Aye, he isn't making a huge amount of money.... Which makes me wonder why he is bothering. If he sold the mount at a profit then go for it but it seems he is trying to pass off the camera as his own which is wrong.

Yes, he sells a pdf doc with all of his knowledge on tactics etc. but at least this is his own work he is selling, unlike a camera made by another name.

I haven't bought it, I was interested in the camera until I found out it was just a möbius. I expected a JVC custom like his tbh.

"Stand very still, save wasting bb's, they cost money. You'll need that to buy my camera"

Who knows, maybe he's been watching big retailers. In a week...

Was £170. NOW £139.99!!!! Etc etc

I wouldn't mind a cam just to catch out the cheats. But for the time being il just keep shooting at them and smiling.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.