2 tone silver legal?

Tshirt456

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well i want to buy a gun from Evike.com and it's painted silver and black. Will it be legal for me to purchase it and have it shipped? They're offering a 2 tone service but its bloody £25 which is a complete rip-off.

Thanks =D

I'll post a pic of the gun!

post-11417-0-83384900-1432677060_thumb.jpg

Seriously, well thanks!

Silver or chrome finishes are still a realistic colour and therefore would be considered a RIF (realistic imitation firearm). Many many guns come with a silver/ chrome slide and black lower frame or vice versa.

UK law states if you hold no defence to own a RIF your gun must be coloured 51% in a NON realistic colour and as said above, that is bright green, orange, red, or blue.

If you attempted to buy that pistol or any other which resembles a "realistic" firearm, UK customs will simply seize and destroy it.

UK law states if you hold no defence to own a RIF your gun must be coloured 51% in a NON realistic colour and as said above, that is bright green, orange, red, or blue.

(Bright) Yellow, (bright) pink, (bright) purple and transparent too.

A few places cheat though and use "bright" dark green though.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007/2606/pdfs/uksi_20072606_en.pdf

Well i want to buy a gun from Evike.com and it's painted silver and black. Will it be legal for me to purchase it and have it shipped? They're offering a 2 tone service but its bloody £25 which is a complete rip-off.

Thanks =D

I'll post a pic of the gun!

you want a complete rip-off? wait till you see how much the try and charge for shipping!!!!1

• Supporters

The law states you need a defence for a shop to sell you a RIF. Not for you to own one; you don't have to hand the things in when your site membership expires.

I know it's pedantry but that's the sort of thing that gets spread and before you know it it's all "ukara lisenz!!1" everywhere you go.

• Supporters

A mere 5 grand fr ukara?? bargen m8

Yebbut s'proper innit.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.