Will adding a suppressor increase my range?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I play at a lot of woodland sights and I feel like my G&G combat machine raider just isn't reaching the ranges I need it and I feel like I'm get out ranged a lot of the time instead of out played. So I was thinking of buying a suppressor to help but will it actually increase my range? And if so can you give me links to potential suppressor I could buy for no more than £20.

Thank you!

Only changes to your hop up and to some extent a barrel change will increase range.

Tbh Monty I think you're wrong there. Noise from a GBBR isn't going to be reduced much either from what I've heard. They're only good at effectively suppressing noise on HPA guns.

A suppressor will reduce/muffle/change the muzzle report on AEG's/GBBR's and HPA guns.

On a GBBR (in my case a GHK M4) the suppressor changes the muzzle report and reduces sound but only from a distance, most of the sound is the action of the gun.

On an AEG (G&G for me) it just changes the sharp crack into a slightly duller tone. Again most of the sound is the internal action.

On my HPA rifle (Tanaka converted to C02/HPA), from about 15" away it almost entirely eliminates the sound, similar effect on SMP's and Polarstar's. Utterly useless on my Tippmann though as it stupidly loud lol

On my HPA rifle (Tanaka converted to C02/HPA), from about 15" away it almost entirely eliminates the sound, similar effect on SMP's and Polarstar's. Utterly useless on my Tippmann though as it stupidly loud lol

You've confirmed what I thought, but that's a bummer about the Tippmann. I was planning to suppress mine when I get one :(

Not sure now if I'll get that, an ERG or GBBR Masada though...anyway different story

The tippman is loud due to the action, if anything it is the one gun that sounds epic with soundhogs though lol

I've owned an ERG, owned a WE Open Bolt, currently own the GHK M4 and 2 Tippmanns.

Each is good in it's own way, depends on what you want. For realsim and performance, the GHK is awesome. The tippmanns are just plain fun and perform well once set up. The ERG is nice, with the bolt lock and cut off, but it just doesn't feel as good to me as the GBBR's and Tippmanns.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.