Picking my ideal sidearm for a sniper load-out?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all, I have been saving for a while to get a decent rifle and sidearm, my predicament is that I have decided on a jg bar10 with upgrades from ASPUK uk (advanced upgrade package) but I have to decide on a sidearm.

I have a few choices to replace my cyma glock (which I enjoy using it is just I would love a gbb):

1. Tm Hi capa 5.1 with anodized green slide and uprated internals -

http://www.eliteshootingcentre.co.uk/Gas%20Guns/Gas%20Custom%20Pistols/Items/Lev%201%20Custom%205.1.html

2. ASG Ingram M11 -

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/asg-ingram-m11-smg-airsoft-gun

3. KWA mp9a1 ns2 -

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/kwa-kmp9-ns2-gbb-smg

4. WE mp5k Apache -

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=9306

My questions are what is the best choice here?, is the m11 worth it? Would the hi capa outperform and serve the role as my sidearm best? Is the kwa mp9 better or the mid ground between all of these?

Is the WE mp5k worth the price especially with the low ROF?

I have been researching and I keep seeing conflicted opinions, so I hoped I could start this thread and get some more info and get any pointers you have to get the most out of a GBB.

Thank you

Comrade

The Mac11s are usually a great option, I've had a play about with various makes and they've all been pretty nice. Although if you're truly after a secondary, something like a Mac11, MP9 or MP5K may be a little on the large side. A TM or WE G18 would be more suitable as a smaller secondary, while still retaining the full auto capability.

I'm not sure about the TM hi-cappa, however be warned that adding a heavier metal slide will reduce the gun's gas efficiency. I'm also not sure about the gas capacity of a hi-cappa's mag vs other M1911 style GBBP's mags- that will definitely be something to consider.

Ultimately it depends on what you want- if you don't mind having your movement hampered and you'd like something that can be used as a primary as well, go for the Mac11, MP9 or MP5K. In choosing between these it's mainly down to what you like the feel of, all 3 tend to be good (especially if the MP9 has KWA's NS2 system, I've heard good things about it). Airsoft-Ed has had a go with one of his friend's WE MP5s before, if you check his video of it you'll see it in operation.

Things like a G18 would be more functional as a secondary- I've heard of people fitting carbine kits/buttstock kits to G18s with moderate success and using them as a primary with 30rnd mags- there's a lot of holsters and other bits around for Glocks too- holsters may be more difficult to come by for any of the SMGs you're looking at (although they do exist).

And lastly, there's the Hi-Cappa- this could only really be used as a secondary or backup unless you play in a site with CQB elements. While there are lots of really nice bits around for Hi-Cappas, you have to be conscious of cost vs performance- there's no point spending £££ on upgraded internals and external parts when there are guns about which are more functional and open up more options.

Personally I'd go for either the G18 or the MP5K. It's entirely up to your preference OP, it just depends if you want anything else out of the gun besides it's use as a secondary/backup gun.

The main thing you need to decide is how you will use it.

If you want to maintain stealth and be able to take down targets that get too close then a non-blowback pistol would be the way to go. Something like the TM Mk23 socom.

If you want the option to open up full auto and forget about stealth, then some sort of SMG would be fun.

Pretty much everything else falls between these 2 extremes. You need to decide what your reaction will be to finding someone has gotten too close to use your rifle and that will narrow the options down.

It looks like you are pretty much going for the non stealth approach, in which case I would just go for the one you think will scare the shit outta people the best :)

The mac would be the one I'd choose - full auto helps when you're dealing with more than one enemy.

But I agree with Russ, an MK23 should be in every airsoft sniper's kit. A brilliant bit of kit - very quiet and a surprisingly good range.

First think I thought when I saw the title of this thread was MK23...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.