Quick spring change

Cady

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, as i'm not very clued up with the disassembly and resassembly of AEG's, the quick spring change system is quite appealing. The only gun i know of with the feature is the ARES honey badger which doesn't seem to be rated too highly for some reason. Can anyone list a few other guns they know of with this kind of design?

• Supporters

APS Urban assault rifle - very quick change spring - wobbly fussy mag's though

quite a few APS's have quick change spring

Dytac M4's - some of them may have it too.....

But you may have to partly remove box out of receiver to get to rear of box but still no box opening

Not quite quick change - but ICS's have had the split gearbox design for a while now

Sure there are quite a few others out there

• Supporters

G&G P90 does if I remember correctly.

the ZCI gearbox that ak2m4 sells has a quick change feature.

Thanks for the suggestions,i'll check them out. And the split design box too,i've seen it being sold i'll see how much disassembly is required.

• Supporters

The ares Amoeba series all have it, some need the box removing from the receiver to take the spring guide out though.

loads of APS stuff

The Umarex branded H&K G36/UMP in both sportline and proline

Some P90s

ICS SA80 series (but the mag is in the wrong place, so you don't want that)

A&K/CA M249s

ICS M4s with the split gearbox are probably as QUICK to change as the fiddlier guns in the amoeba series, but do mean taking the upper apart.

WE Katana series, plus all PTWs have a quick change upper and readily avalable replacements of varying powers.

Some unique gearboxed guns have it too (BAR comes to mind)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.