Where to get a gun fixed

SeniorSpaz87

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hello,

I am wondering where you can get a gun fixed, preferably near Ascot. Thanks

• Supporters

Haha. It's my M4, and it needs a bit of work done to it. It needs rewiring, for starters, and it needs either a new motor or trigger connections. I've looked it up, and I'm not really comfortable trying to fix those; fried more wires last night trying to... Luke at The Mall said something about Airsoft Armoury, but I don't have a clue as to what he meant.

• Supporters

You could try Socom Tactical in Fleet or Xsite in Lane End(just outside Wycombe) - Airsoft Armoury is Chalfont but i've heard some less than favourable things about them.

I don't think you have any shops especially near you though.

• Supporters

The best place I've heard of is kingdom of airsoft. But it's up in Scotland. We had one guy from the team go up with a load of guns think it was about 6 in total.

I would suggest getting on the websites and forums for local airsoft companies and ask about. Eg the mall, or try gunman they have a fairly good network of people and have a site at Eversley.

Haha. It's my M4, and it needs a bit of work done to it. It needs rewiring, for starters, and it needs either a new motor or trigger connections. I've looked it up, and I'm not really comfortable trying to fix those; fried more wires last night trying to... Luke at The Mall said something about Airsoft Armoury, but I don't have a clue as to what he meant.

You can tell if it's a new motor easy without taking apart the gun. Just take it out the handle and reconnect it so its out the gun and try it. You can test the torque on it by lightly pushing it into soft wood and seeing if it chews the wood up, just make sure the teeth are cleaned before sticking it back in the gun.

What do you mean fried the wires? Are you using the correct size wires or did you rewire it wrong and the wires hit the moving gears? Sounds like you've already had a go which is a good start. I'd say don't give up, these things aren't rocket science. If it's just replacing old with new, have faith, you can do it! And we're here to help :)

• Supporters

Ill look into the motor when I get home. I have messed up wiring twice; once the wire leading to the hutu fried, and recently I was working on it, and must have accidently made a connection between two wires leading to the battery. Melted both the battery connector and the connector on the gun...

• Supporters

You can tell if it's a new motor easy without taking apart the gun. Just take it out the handle and reconnect it so its out the gun and try it. You can test the torque on it by lightly pushing it into soft wood and seeing if it chews the wood up, just make sure the teeth are cleaned before sticking it back in the gun.

What do you mean fried the wires? Are you using the correct size wires or did you rewire it wrong and the wires hit the moving gears? Sounds like you've already had a go which is a good start. I'd say don't give up, these things aren't rocket science. If it's just replacing old with new, have faith, you can do it! And we're here to help :)

in that case, anyone have ny idea about testing trigger connections?

in that case, anyone have ny idea about testing trigger connections?

Best way is to actually open the box. Do all the easiest stuff first if you're not comfortable opening your gear box. Make sure the battery is charged, check the wiring you can see, flip the motor as said previously.

If you know how use a multimeter and have one you could check the voltage down the wiring to the motor. That way you'd Definitly know if it's the wiring or trigger and not your motor.

• Supporters

Ive opened the gearbox before, and know it well enough. Dont know about multimeters. anyway, I need to get a new battery connector. I actually have a deans connector, but no deans batteries. Should I get deans batteries or just a new mini-Tamiya connector?

Ive opened the gearbox before, and know it well enough. Dont know about multimeters. anyway, I need to get a new battery connector. I actually have a deans connector, but no deans batteries. Should I get deans batteries or just a new mini-Tamiya connector?

I switched to mini-T's. Apparently they're a better connector but i didn't notice any differences. Remember if you change them, connect the plug side onto your gun and the socket on the battery. You don't want to set the battery down somewhere to find it shorting out!

• Supporters

yea. When I got the gun it was wired to deans; thats where I got the deans connector from. I used a spare mini i had to rewire it. so ill just order a new one

yea. When I got the gun it was wired to deans; thats where I got the deans connector from. I used a spare mini i had to rewire it. so ill just order a new one

They are cheap enough. If you're ok with opening the box, take a picture of your trigger connectors.

• Supporters

alright; im in a rather boring full-day biology revision course right now, but ill be home in an hour or so and do that.

Deans are widely accepted as the best available connector- there's a much larger surface area for current to pass through. Connectors with larger surface areas have less resistance when compared to connectors with a much smaller area IE Tamiya and Mini-Tamiya. Deans connectors also fit far more snugly together, which prevents arcing between contacts. This can degrade the surface of a connector and make it harder for current to flow across it.

Deans are widely accepted as the best available connector- there's a much larger surface area for current to pass through. Connectors with larger surface areas have less resistance when compared to connectors with a much smaller area IE Tamiya and Mini-Tamiya. Deans connectors also fit far more snugly together, which prevents arcing between contacts. This can degrade the surface of a connector and make it harder for current to flow across it.

Sorry, my mistake! I've got deans and mini-Ts mixed up! I'm on deans not mini-T.

• Supporters

Alright then, so I should buy new batteries?...

• Supporters

With dean connectors.

• Supporters

Ok, here the area I think y'all asked to see. If it's not, I'll go take more pics.

That looks like a micro switch trigger to me so that could be a possible problem that maybe its burnt out or wires could be wrong way round

• Supporters

Wires are correct; this worked once upon a time, and I haven moved those wires

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.