Fresh Faced

Glaze

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys. New to the forum and to Airsoft. Only played twice but me and some guys from work are hooked!!

Having just read another guys "Intro post" here's an edit.

As I've played a couple of times and have played a lot of paintball (doesn't compare but still relevant to what I'm thinking) I'm now looking at putting together a load out. It will be simple, inexpensive and not really based on anything specific.

Last time I played it was Woodland and I wore black. I borrowed the kit off a friend so beggars can't be choosers. It stands out! So here's a list of things I've just bought or will be buying to complete my kit:

MTP Multicam Combats (bought last week)

Olive green /Camo undershirt. (Not got yet)

Olive green paratrooper tshirt. (owned in honour of a mate who is KIA)

MOLLE assault vest. (Not got yet)

MTP Multicam Gloves (bought last week)

MTP Multicam Cap (bought last week)

Clear goggles (not got yet)

Face guard (not got yet)

Boots (to add at some point in the future)

I'm new so I haven't got down to the exact makes/models I want but once I am UKARA registered these are the guns and load outs I will be using:

A Sniper (not decided yet which) with a 3-9 scope and an MP7 AEG as a sidearm.

My other load out will be just the one rifle. Probably a G36C or M4 but I'll do my research first.

The MP7 is the only one I'm firm on at the moment because you can holster it, use it one-handed and as an SMG/Rifle as well. I don't like pistols.

Cheers!

Cheers guys. Yeah looking to get guns pretty soon. Might just go two-tone as I'm getting twitchy waiting until 15th May. I've borrowed a mates L85 full metal. Weighs a tonne. Used an AK47 and also an TM-G3 which was upgraded and awesome with a LIPO battery.

• Supporters

Okkk,

First things first, have you ever used an Airsoft bolt action before? It's not as fun as most people think. But if you like it, then go for it. The MP7 is a good choice; get TM. I have their GBB version, and it's great. Anyway, welcome.

Yeah I get the bolt action thing. A couple of us from work were gonna get one between us and try it out to see if we like it. That is my aspiration though. I always love the sniping in games but recognise that it would not be quite the same in Airsoft. We shall see I suppose.

Hi and welcome,

If you want to get into sniping I recommend buying a JG BAR 10 from Taiwan gun for £75 + p&p.

then look at ASPUK, they sell some good value sniper upgrades that will make your rifle perform at a competitive level and 500fps.

you can send it to them and they will upgrade for you, however i suggest doing it your self i recently upgraded my JG BAR 10 and its very very simple.

L96's are also very up-gradable ASPUK also sells various parts for those aswell, the best model is probably the TM L96 but I think the WELL one is 'ok'.

hey glaze and welcome. I'd recommend getting the AEG first before getting a sniper or GBB as the former is much easier to use and has lower costs for it. It also allows you to use your AEG whilst you upgrade your sniper rifle as you find out what upgrades you'll need for it. Also might be worth a shot to see if you can try someone else's out as I know too many people who buy a sniper rifle and never use it again after one game before they realise the money would have been better spent on something else

Like Josh said: go for a BAR-10 / VSR model sniper if you're just starting out. Plenty of upgrades available and a very simple platform to work from. If you can afford it get the Tokyo Marui VSR - either G-Spec (short barrel) or normal. It has a lot of quality parts already installed as stock even if the fps is on the "low" side for sniping (~300 on .2 gram BBs). That said you can still have a lot of fun with a low fps sniper rifle as you have no minimum engagement distance that the higher fps ones do.

Oh before I forget: welcome to the site!

Cheers for the warm welcome and some solid info. I expect a MP7 will be my first purchase. Reason being, a mate has just bought a sniper so I will have a go with that on the 12th to see what I think. Also he has an AK and a G36 so I will borrow his G36 as I've not tried it yet. Used his brothers TM L85 and TM G3(MC51). The L85 was heavy and just OK but the G3 was awesome! I'm an engineer so I will do a lot of tinkering with anything I do buy.

Cheers for the warm welcome and some solid info. I expect a MP7 will be my first purchase. Reason being, a mate has just bought a sniper so I will have a go with that on the 12th to see what I think. Also he has an AK and a G36 so I will borrow his G36 as I've not tried it yet. Used his brothers TM L85 and TM G3(MC51). The L85 was heavy and just OK but the G3 was awesome! I'm an engineer so I will do a lot of tinkering with anything I do buy.

TM dont do an L85 XD

TM dont do an L85 XD

April fool! Nah I just don't remember what it was then. Probably coz the G3 is TM that I'm getting confused. All I know is, it's just like the real steel in pretty much every way including use of metal for the body. Hence weighing a tonne.

April fool! Nah I just don't remember what it was then. Probably coz the G3 is TM that I'm getting confused. All I know is, it's just like the real steel in pretty much every way including use of metal for the body. Hence weighing a tonne.

probably ics :)

• Supporters

Hi Glaze, welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new myself. Started about 6 months ago but already have the urge to buy more guns. :)

That doesn't go away, just so you know.

Welcome, both of you!

think a mp5k might be worth a look at over mp7

not really in holster but reckon it could hold up better when needed

At least give 'em a bit of hell if they get too close whilst your retreat/last stand when sniping

Agreed, Used my Mp5K t'other week as a backup whilst sniping, pulled the sling up so it was as close to me as poss and still grab-able, folded the stock in (first time since forever haha) and had a blast Only took it to the woodland site as it was in the bag and I couldnt really be bothered to unpack it, having only used it indoors before I was really surprised with the range too.

But still love my pistol as an ultimate backup / CQB weapon.. I think you should give it a go, pistols are great fun to use....

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.