Head gear

Cheeky vimto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy skirmishing but at times it doesn't challenge me enough & at times, some games can drag on a bit when people aren't pushing forward and standing around which is why I want to do a weekend milsim event where it can really push me

• Supporters

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy skirmishing but at times it doesn't challenge me enough & at times, some games can drag on a bit when people aren't pushing forward and standing around which is why I want to do a weekend milsim event where it can really push me

I totally agree about it can drag when people dont throw themselves in. The milsim weekend is something I really would like to try this year as well as it does look good. My only concern is some of the milsim players I have met have been a bit too much I am sure they are not all like this but knowing my luck I will end up with someone near me like that.

Unfortunately some people are like that trigger, its just learning how to deal with them :)

I find its usually the newbies who are stuck and just talk, talk & talk

As Jackie Chan said "I let people who like to talk just talk, you find out how full of shit they really are"

Wise words from Sensay

In the average game I can rarely hear it myself let alone people a metre away or two. I have to put it to my ear when I turn it on to confirm it is actually running because the safe zone is almost always too loud.

Out in the woods on my own I can hear it whirring away, but nobody has ever remarked on hearing the fan even when being next to me, they seem surprised its there and running at full speed.

But in Epsom bunker you could hear a single BB roll across the floor, in there it sounds like a helicopter is coming down the corridor.

Its really quiet, just not silent. I thought it would give me away sometimes but I don't think it actually has done so once yet.

Can I ask what fan you use? I might try experimenting with some Revisions myself.

I've attached pictures of my solution, I wear a mesh black bear raider mask, wraps nicely around the face, the padded parts at the bottom are against the face but doesn't pinch / leave dodgy imprints etc.

I have to wear mesh goggles as I just sweat too much, so needs must, but all in all, works perfect for me.

post-9923-0-50690100-1426690790_thumb.jpg

post-9923-0-10576600-1426690814_thumb.jpg

Made my own fan goggles. I used two 5v 17mmx17mm mini fans. My first thought was to wire them up to a 9v battery in series but the battery didn't have enough in it to spin the fans. I wired them up in parallel and there both pulling loads of air out the goggles. Because they're in parallel I wonder how long they'll last on 9v. I've left them running for about 3 hours and no sign of damage so far.

q4Df4T.jpg

S6J7iN.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.