The Whisk(e)y thread

AirsoftTed

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Airsoft is real :D

Yeah, let's raise a glass to the real heroes: those who didn't make it home from Back Garedn...

Jack is NOT a bourbon. Jack Daniels is a Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey.

It is classified as a bourbon regardless of whether Jack Daniels want to call it that or not. US Trade commission even class it as a straight bourbon. Because that is what it is.

Oxford English Dictionary definition of Bourbon - A kind of american whisky distilled from maize and rye. Jack's own description of what it is? The SAME thing. Ergo, Bourbon.

I drink real Whisky, usually from Island or Islay Malts, don't particularly get on with Highland or Lowland (pretty boring flavour wise) My current choice is the SMWS 3.231 - "This little piggy went to market.." 24 year Islay Single Cask - Delish :)

There is a New Zealand whisky. Unfortunately the distillery went bust before the 1st produce was ready so it's quite rare.

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-23881.aspx

I bought my Dad a bottle a few years ago for about £30. He decided to keep hold of it rather than drink it as it might go up in price, £85 now.

• Supporters

It is classified as a bourbon regardless of whether Jack Daniels want to call it that or not. US Trade commission even class it as a straight bourbon. Because that is what it is.

Oxford English Dictionary definition of Bourbon - A kind of american whisky distilled from maize and rye. Jack's own description of what it is? The SAME thing. Ergo, Bourbon.

I drink real Whisky, usually from Island or Islay Malts, don't particularly get on with Highland or Lowland (pretty boring flavour wise) My current choice is the SMWS 3.231 - "This little piggy went to market.." 24 year Islay Single Cask - Delish :)

All Tennessee Whiskeys are bourbons but not all Bourbons are Tennessee whiskeys. Ergo not ENTIRELY the same thing.

Anyway you crack on with your scotch.

• 3 months later...

Rise up from the dead whiskey thread!

Currently enjoying some Bell's on Ice.

Through my journey I've learnt I only really like blended whisk(e)y.

• Supporters

I'm from the mythical land of Jack Daniels. Don't drink personally (personal choice, not age-related), but still... Fun fact; the county where the Jack Daniels plant is has a ban on all alcohol sales, so the people who live in the town that grew up around the plant can't even have the whiskey that their town is famous for...

What's the name of this town? I'm mozey on down with a thompson and a fedora and make me some millions prohibition style :lol: :lol:

• Supporters

What's the name of this town? I'm mozey on down with a thompson and a fedora and make me some millions prohibition style :lol: :lol:

Lynchburg... Nice name, huh?... Anyway, it's a "dry county" which means the local government forbids the sale of alcohol.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.