Beginner Rifle Advice

BeginnerHarvey

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Give it time mate and you will get replies. CYMA M4s aren't very good (I have one and I have heard they are not good internally)

As you will see when anybody else asks about their first gun, we always recommend the G&G Combat Machines. They are definitely the best you can get for the money.

Pro Airsoft Supplies sold a great starter pack for only £120 including a clear polymer G&G CM16 + mask and battery and charger. They're sold out but Colchester Airsoft sell it as well.

http://www.colchesterairsoft.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=cm16transspack

ASG Blaster BBs are good, I can get a bottle of 3000 0.20s for £7 at my local store Patrol Base, and they have got new WE ones for £6 recently too.

The cheap mask you get with the starter pack isn't great so I'd say you should replace it, maybe look at Proto paintball masks on eBay.

If you don't like the CM16 look on Zero One who sell a lot of different G&G Combat Machine M4s. They look different but all perform very similar. AirsoftWorld had an offer on for a limited edition (Only 1000 made I think!) 30th Anniversary G&G for £150 too.

CYMA AKs are good though. My dad got one reduced from £190 down to £120 :)

If you had a UKARA number already you could buy from a European shop like TaiwanGun or Gunfire which sell them really cheap for only like 80 to 100 euros + £12 shipping.

In the UK they are probably £120+

CYMA AKs are good though. My dad got one reduced from £190 down to £120 :)

If you had a UKARA number already you could buy from a European shop like TaiwanGun or Gunfire which sell them really cheap for only like 80 to 100 euros + £12 shipping.

In the UK they are probably £120+

getting a UKARA first is a good idea! if you are 18+. rent guns at your local site untill you qualify, then buy a gun

Most people recommend a G&G CM 16 as the best starter gun, I think it really depends on your preference. The Combat machines comes in many different M4 variants. If youre only 13 maybe some of the longer variants might be a bit to heavy for you. CYMA are a good brand for AK variants, another brand I recommend is ICS.

If you prefer AK's to M4's G&G make a "RK47" which I have heard is also a good gun for the money.

Another good gun is the KWA CQR, however its a bit over your budget around £160.

In terms of protection, as youre under 18 you will require full face however this does not mean you must wear a mask. I am over 18 however I think face protection is important, I wear a mesh mouth protector which protects my teeth from damage. Any ballistic rated eye protection should be fine, depends on your preference again I wear goggles because I can fit my glasses underneath them.

A variable some people overlook is footwear, if youre planning on playing at an outdoor site a good pair of boots is definitely recommended. So factor this into your budget :)

G&G cm16 always. I have one, it is a workhorse and a half! Yes, you can get the cm16 with an RIS or a handguard, either one. Also, full face you can go with paintball masks but they steam up a bit without a fan, depending on which model you get. I recommend heroshark hwoever he is pricey, and you can get a mesh mask for not too much. People say they are bad, it's your decision, I have used one in the past and have taken hits to the face just fine...

nonononononononono just no! pretty much the price of a cm16, why go with jing gong. They make good g36's but the m4 isn't on par with the cm16. plus a two tone orange body is going to be hard to cover for skirmishes...

• Supporters

First, bearing in mind your budget, you should read this. Of particular note you should pay attention to the bit about shouldering a few different types of assault rifle before you buy your own. Chances are that whatever you buy is going to be your gun for a fair while, because your parents are not going to want to keep shelling out £125 minimum, so try to get something which feels comfortable to hold and operate (fire selector position, distance from back of pistol grip to trigger, magazine catch position and change operation), that isn't too heavy or, even if it is light, that the weight doesn't feel too far forward, unbalanced because, even with a sling, that will give you arm ache pretty quickly - so also resist the urge to put shed loads of equipment on the rails of any RIS / an angled or vertical foregrip is all you need unless you are going to be playing in the dark.

Considering you need boots, eyepro, lower face protection, gun, battery, charger, spare mag, and BB's then £125 is a pretty skinny budget, but you if you can get that starter pack that will set you up for the time being. If you can't get that, bearing in mind your size and budget, you're best bet sadly will end up being a G&G CM16 Raider S - get it here for free 2 tone and a voucher that gets you a free game. I say sadly because everyone and their dog has a wombat machine and personally I'd rather recruit you to the dark side and see you with a CM.035 AKS-74U, but chances are you'll not be able to find one cheap enough... but keep an eye on sale prices.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.