Old but New Again Airsofter - Southampton / Hampshire Teams

Skool

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I used to play airsoft fairly regularly 10 years ago. I've rediscovered my old kit that was stashed in the shed and I've now got the longing to play again.

Im staggered my the choice of manufacturers and models to choose from when looking at what's available. Back in the day it used to be just Mauri! I'm pushing 40 but easy going and I don't take airsofting that seriously. Ive still for my old Spetsnaz uniform and it should still fit.

I'd like to meet and join a team or individual to go to Combat South or a local site. I don't have access to a car at the moment but would pay petrol, breakfast, bags of bbs for a lift.

Hey dude, welcome I'm just getting in to airsoft at the ripe age of 34. There is so much to learn as there is so much out there but this is a great place with great people to learn from.

I've been on here a week maybe two and everyone has helping me incredibly.

Where are you based roughly? I'm in wet wet Cornwall at :)

Thanks for the welcome. I'm in Southampton and I've noticed a few new sites have sprung up which is encouraging. I'm pleasantly surprised with how cheap some of the airsoft kit is and I've still got a few AK hi caps which will save me some money.

I could do with running around a wood on a Sunday to get some excercise and to escape the family for a few hours :-)

I'm pleasantly surprised with how cheap some of the airsoft kit is and I've still got a few AK hi caps which will save me some money.

Definately, and its helpful to look around on the classifieds here too or put a wanted post up.

I could do with running around a wood on a Sunday to get some excercise and to escape the family for a few hours :-)

Haha I know that feeling far too well, we've a teenage daughter and a 1yr old baby boy aghhhh! Plus I'm getting a little rotund so some excercise is good ;)

Welcome back to the fold brother, I'm pretty new myself, rockin' with the oldies at 45 years old! This is a great forum, loads of advice and info! Enjoy!

Hey dude! I live in Worthing :) I've been going to Elite Games in Worthing for the last 2 months, I'll be staying there for this year as I need to get my UKARA sorted. I hope to try Combat South in the new year though! Looks cool. Have you been to the Shop in Pompey?

Hey dude! I live in Worthing :)...I've been going to Elite Games in Worthing for the last 2 months, I'll be staying there for this year as I need to get my UKARA sorted.

Finally someone with a sense of home for me, I used to live in Dorking before moving here and I've got family in Worthing :)

How long you been playing now?

• Supporters

Welcome to the forums: you're in good company - another old git me... 46 and 1/2 dead but still up for a game of soldiers ;)

Finally someone with a sense of home for me, I used to live in Dorking before moving here and I've got family in Worthing :)

How long you been playing now?

Hi there! I've litereally only been playing for the last 2 months so i'm still very much a newbie (I'm 40 in Jan BTW). I have a mate that I intend to go with regularly that has also started going that hasn't played for a year or so. The last game I went to I just went by myself and had no issues "Mingling".

I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the welcome posts! On some forums new members are mostly ignored.

That's what I like about airsoft the strong sense of community and it was something I'd forgotten. Anyhow, I've already got a lift sorted to my local site thanks to a nice chap and I've ordered a M22 assault vest which means I've nearly got all my kit together (I'm so glad I didn't sell off all my kit)

Even the wife is encouraging me to go as apparently 'I've no friends and it will be good to meet people" Result!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.