Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

Hey I am trying to get Info on HPA etc to see if that's the route I want to go down. The biggest question at moment is where would I get the mini tank filled? Tried google and here bit struggling to find info. (Perhaps its down to me using a rubbish windows phone but lap top back at home and I'm away with work)

Stirrup pump.

Well the pump compresses air on the reverse stroke, so that helps.

If you've got £1200 buy a compressor.

Actually...... I have a compressor at the scout campsite I run for blowing up the JD's tractor tyres!! I take it I would just get an adaptor for that then!!!???

• Root Admin

Also the majority of dive shops will refill tanks with a paintball fill nipple (i.e. all of the airsoft ones we use). The other alternative is a 232 or 300 bar Scuba tank and a fill station, then be careful to only allow enough air out to fill your tank. Take the Scuba tank to a dive shop and get it refilled periodically, but depending on the 'shot tank' size you could get as many as 5-6 decent refills from it at a time.

As Scarathe says, a manual pump may be your only option as home compressors just won't cut it (most only get to about 80 bar). I can show you a decent retailer on AliExpress that sells OEM unbranded versions of a well known brand if you need one fairly cheap (otherwise they're hundreds of pounds).

(On mobile device sorry) whats a good scope for a TM VSR pro, I know it doesn't come with rails, but I saw a way to install a rail, I believe you unscrew the rear sight, and take some screws off and put in a rail. Anyways, what's a good scope? I don't really want to pay too much, just like a 3-9x scope, that should be good.

I've looked about, and there's so many different ones, I'm not sure what is best, I haven't used air rifles, so in this case the only optic/scope thing I've looked down was a fake etech holo.

So has anyone got a decent scope, I'd also need to buy a simple rail.. And I've only seen 1 so far, they seem fairly rare... If you could recommend me a scope, with those rings that'd be good, if I chose them my self, I'd end up finding the rings don't fit the scope... lol

Thanks!

• Root Admin

Visioning. Buy through their eBay account, DHGate or AliExpress. You can't go wrong with any of their stuff as it all has incredibly clear image quality (will grab you the links shortly). Their decent stuff costs around £50-80 for a variable zoom scope, and it's worth the money. I bought this one and it's really quite good.

Edit

Added links

As Scarathe says, a manual pump may be your only option as home compressors just won't cut it (most only get to about 80 bar). I can show you a decent retailer on AliExpress that sells OEM unbranded versions of a well known brand if you need one fairly cheap (otherwise they're hundreds of pounds).

If that's the pump, i'm interested too, I scrapped going HPA because I could not find reliable data on how much to spend on pumps..

• Root Admin

Well I spent about £77 (including 5 day shipping) and it seems to work well. Just be aware that it obviously takes a lot of time to fill a tank - I had to spread it out over a few days to fill just one 88ci to 4500psi. Here's the link: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/WELON-air-pump-pcp-high-pressure-factory-outlet-down-40-directly-to-90-for-supporting-new/1721907862.html

Remember to ask them about quoting the price lower on the packaging so you don't get ruined by VAT and courier charges.

You'll notice the striking similarities to this thing: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Air-Venturi-Hand-Pump-4500/dp/B00TGC9ZPO and if you actually look their instruction manual is near-identical (right down to the same spares, same spanner etc.). That's what leads me to believe that it's the same factory making this pump too - I mean for such a niche product it wouldn't make sense to have more than a couple of production lines working on this anyway.

Well I spent about £77 (including 5 day shipping) and it seems to work well. Just be aware that it obviously takes a lot of time to fill a tank - I had to spread it out over a few days to fill just one 88ci to 4500psi. Here's the link: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/WELON-air-pump-pcp-high-pressure-factory-outlet-down-40-directly-to-90-for-supporting-new/1721907862.html

Remember to ask them about quoting the price lower on the packaging so you don't get ruined by VAT and courier charges.

You'll notice the striking similarities to this thing: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Air-Venturi-Hand-Pump-4500/dp/B00TGC9ZPO and if you actually look their instruction manual is near-identical (right down to the same spares, same spanner etc.). That's what leads me to believe that it's the same factory making this pump too - I mean for such a niche product it wouldn't make sense to have more than a couple of production lines working on this anyway.

EDIT: Did you replace the oil, I figure you've done the research necessary to determine how necessary that is.

• Root Admin

Use that manual I sent you there if you do get it by the way - the one they provide is in Chinese.

Also, I couldn't get the second air filter to work, but it has an internal one for removing water so it didn't really matter. I think it just needed sealing with PTFE but I've not really looked.

Hang on I'm currently at school I'll check the links when I get home. Thanks anyway!

Visioning. Buy through their eBay account, DHGate or AliExpress. You can't go wrong with any of their stuff as it all has incredibly clear image quality (will grab you the links shortly). Their decent stuff costs around £50-80 for a variable zoom scope, and it's worth the money. I bought this one and it's really quite good.

Edit

Added links

Thanks proffrink.

Btw, what scope rings did you use? Also, was there a particular website you got your rail from? If you needed a rail..

I'd need to buy a scope ring that fitted the scope, and for the scope ring to fit a 20mm rail, then try to find a 20mm rail.

Think there's a typo there. :)

For who? If so that it is me, could you point out the typo. Maybe I did make a typo :P

• Root Admin

Thanks proffrink.

Btw, what scope rings did you use? Also, was there a particular website you got your rail from? If you needed a rail..

I'd need to buy a scope ring that fitted the scope, and for the scope ring to fit a 20mm rail, then try to find a 20mm rail.

I have an all-in-one scope mount with QD base thing from Ebairsoft, but any 20mm ones will do really. Go on AliExpress or DHGate if you're not in a hurry and just find some that you like the look of.

Rail wise I picked up an Action Army VSR one from I think Action Hobbies. The G-Spec has weird intervals between the rings, which isn't a problem if you have two independent scope rings, but is a problem if they're fixed to a QD-mount type design like I have.

Do you have a rail or did you buy the regular VSR? Not sure if the regular VSR has holes for rail fittings, but I'm sure that you can see if you do.

I have an all-in-one scope mount with QD base thing from Ebairsoft, but any 20mm ones will do really. Go on AliExpress or DHGate if you're not in a hurry and just find some that you like the look of.

Rail wise I picked up an Action Army VSR one from I think Action Hobbies. The G-Spec has weird intervals between the rings, which isn't a problem if you have two independent scope rings, but is a problem if they're fixed to a QD-mount type design like I have.

Do you have a rail or did you buy the regular VSR? Not sure if the regular VSR has holes for rail fittings, but I'm sure that you can see if you do.

I'll have a look on those sites. Thanks for recommending some stuff.

I bought the vsr pro version, I'm not sure if it has the holes, but, I think it will, as I've seen an installation video, and I've got a little iron sight type thing that is screwed on.

I'll have a look when I'm at my dads.

Thanks.

• Root Admin

That's the rail with the weird intervals. I'd recommend the Action Army one that doesn't. Also, you'll get charged a fortune to ship it from eHobby.

As for the rings: Try and find them on AliExpress or DHGate as they'll be cheaper. Also I'm not sure if getting a cheap QD is a good idea as it may rattle or move a little. Just go for some nice fixed mounts.