Dan88

First skirmish using a RIF

Some of you will know I bought a RIF second hand, it's in the gun picture thread.

I'm going to my first skirmish tomorrow, is it going to be a problem using a RIF without UKARA?

Nope.

UKARA covers purchase/sale/manufacture, not use or ownership.

The regulars and marshals may be a little suspicious however, so don't tell them you don't have UKARA if you don't want to be treated like a shady character

Cheers guys.

Most site's rental guns are RIF anyway so just have fun. I let my son use my RIF guns and nobody minds. Much better then running round with a bright orange gun that stands out like a high vis jacket in headlights.

Not a problem at all. just turn up and have a great day :D

Remember UKARA is just one of many different forms of defense. It's not the holy grail of RIF ownership!

In fact it has nothing to do with owning a RIF at all, since you don't need any defence for that.

Most site's rental guns are RIF anyway so just have fun. I let my son use my RIF guns and nobody minds. Much better then running round with a bright orange gun that stands out like a high vis jacket in headlights.

Same here, my son uses my rifs and no-one bats an eyelid.