Pre-Skirmish Rituals?

Junglespy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I aim to please :lol:

Oh Jimmies...

'Operate operationally'. I don't know why but this is absolutely killing me with laughter.

Like a lotta folk, I lay everything out the evening before and check it all off the (mental) list. Charge the batteries, testfire the gat a few times, make some sandwiches to promptly forget the next morning - at first this was an accident, now I purposefully leave them there because after tabbing to the gig, legging it around and (usually) trekking halfway home, I'm never up to making food so those sandwiches are a godsend - then pack just about everything into my jacket and roll it up, toss it into a ruckie with my weapon and throw on some scoutthedoggie videos until I pass out.

pack everything the day before go work on the doors till 5 in the morning get home at half 5 whilst at work charge the batts get up about 7 load car pick a mate up or 2 stop for the good old healthy macDs 3 double sasuage and eggs get to site about half 8 pay load up and shoot everything that moves whilst getting shot my self

• Supporters

some BBs come with a thin film of grease/lube/stuff on them from the factory 99.99999% of the time it's no issue at all but if you're sniping and want to remove as many variables as you can it's worth giving them a quick rinse before using them!

• Supporters

Trouble is that you're not going to get anything oil, grease, or wax based off without soap and you're not going to get stuff which is based on taht alkyl paraben gubbins that goes in cosmetics and hair products without a good bit of scrubbing and rinsing over and again too. I'm just not convinced that a quick rinse can do anything worth doing and possibly, depending on how well it affects whatever may be on there, it could make the coating more uneven.

The BBs I use come coated with a film of grease, so I rinse it off with soap,takes quite a while though. I only added wash BBs if I hadn't done so already before the game,I usually wash a whole bottle after I buy them. I do notice an increase in consistency and less residue on my hop up rubber. But I only say it's worth it for BASRs,you will hardly notice the difference with AEGs.

I always go through my kit on the Friday night and make sure everything is present and accounted for.

Drives the other half insane as I usually lose some bb's in the house somewhere when doing so!

• Supporters

Trouble is that you're not going to get anything oil, grease, or wax based off without soap and you're not going to get stuff which is based on taht alkyl paraben gubbins that goes in cosmetics and hair products without a good bit of scrubbing and rinsing over and again too. I'm just not convinced that a quick rinse can do anything worth doing and possibly, depending on how well it affects whatever may be on there, it could make the coating more uneven.

I have a 3 stage washing process.

Step 1 Warm ( as hot as I can stand it) Soapy water and give them a good rub around

Step 2 is a diet coke bath, leave to stand for a few hours. ( apparently the acid content helps?!? haven't tested this myself but was the recommendation from www.airsoftsniperforum.com)

Step 3 Warm water rinse

Dry them on a clean oven tray over a radiator.

I only do this for the boltie, it has reduced the residue I find in the barrel and hop a huge amount. Consistency is great, last time I tried a good bench test with washed I was hitting a torso sized box out to about 70m about 2 in 3 shots most of the rest were slightly over the top. I repeated this with unwashed after and they were all over the place about 2 hits in 10 if I were to estimate.

• Supporters

I'll have to try it. Need to figure out whether it's the mounts, side mount, or the scope itself which is at fault for losing zero first though V^^V Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

• Supporters

blue loctite on everything except the scope!

Stick the side mount to my Dragunov and the rings to the side mount, you mean?

Why blue Loctite in particular?

Archived