G&G VSS!!!

Zak Da Mack
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The ugliness is what makes it attractive.

Like A10 Warthogs and Apache Gunships. Perhaps even L85s as well.

They're so horrible, that it just reinforces their badasstitude.

Ed, isn't this totally against everything you stand for?

• Supporters

No, I stand against all the people out there who build guns designed to make me gip.

Stuff that's ugly in a badass way is ok.

Anyway, the VSS is also known as the Vintorez. Which is Russian for 'thread cutter'. If that's not badass, I don't know what is.

• Supporters

I have a hard on.

But ugly = cool only goes so far. It doesn't extend to the FAMAS for eg...

• Supporters

I'll wait for the VAL version though. The wood stock just isn't quite cool enough. Mind you.....be good for STALKER loadouts ;)

According to some sources the Lower receiver is 'die-cast aluminium alloy' and the rest is steel. Pretty good,but I'm not a fan of the finish on the stock. I still prefer LCT's version with CNC steel lower receiver and the wood finish looks much nicer. I would have like the GSS to be LCT bodied but you can't get everything.

I think the mags should be able to fit in G36 mag pouches,I'll have to search about which pouches the NPO ones can fit into.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe the wood comes out of the factory un varnished? If that's just it all you would need to do is remove the stock and treat it using wood varnish, linseed oil etc.

• Supporters

I don't mean just the wood, I meant the plastics and metal, especially around the fire selector area. Equally I've never seen a real one so it could be like that on the real thing, not sure what the word is, just looks a bit rough.

Yeah, I can see what you mean now. It could just be the photo, but I hope it isn't- I'm planning on getting something Russian and very alternative as my next AEG, and the VSS ticks those boxes :D I trust G&G more than I would LCT so hopefully it looks a lot better irl.

Hoping the externals will be better than in this pic. Then again, the video looked better and it looks very un-G&G quality. So hopefully it's just an unfinished model, it should be better when it's released

• Supporters

No further information, but I don't see why they wouldn't

Is there any info on whether G&G will release midcaps for the GSS?

Normally I'd say yes, but I don't think G&G tend to do mid-caps, at least I've not noticed any for sale (not that I've looked for them)

Though being a unique and most likely entirely proprietary gun they would be stupid not to.

• Supporters

This and a mg34 is all my want

See now that just shows a lack of ambition!

What about an MG42 for comparison? And MP40 and MP44 to have loadout options...

PPSh41 for coolsies. AN-94 just because and a Bizon for when you've got arm ache. Oh and let's not forget the humble Pistola Makarova!

Bren gun, GPMG, L86A2, working L1A1

HK417...? Certainly a USP .45 Match, how about Beretta CX4 Storm?

PPSh41

Bizon

PPSH41- seems well received by buyers, and even if one someone buys is a lemon it has an M14 gearbox so there's a decent amount of spares.

Bizon- I know a guy who has one, very nice piece of kit

What's stopping you Ian? ;)

Well they are both more expensive than Gen 3 G&G rifles...so yeah

• Supporters

What else... Money!

• Supporters

Does anybody know anything about S&T's VSS?

ass2.jpg

There's apparently also a VAL version:

val.jpg

Personally, I can't even figure out how to buy anything from them :lol: Maybe they've gone bust? I've emailed 'em via their contact form, so we shall see.

As well as their crap internals, S&T come out with some REAL abominations- this for example!

Not that I hold it against them, everybody needs to be disgusted every once in a while :D

S&T VSS is their own design,as you can probably tell,the S&T VSS is sort of...wrong looking,such as the receiver cover not being stamped properly,receiver being too thick,stock is utterly wrong and among other things,they proper fire selection method is not replicated.

Then again,that does not really matter to the average nob, I expect waves of ''gawt ess and tee vee ess ess,how mak rushin dmr lodout?'' posts.

Echo1 re-branded the S&T as the ''IGOR''(Cringe) and they are selling it as part of the red star line.

I'd say there is no reason to get the S&T. The King Arms one is roughly the same price,has proper proportions and replications and seems to be build better. Not a fan of thee wood on the KA though.

Here's a comparison of the LCT VAL,King arms VSS, and S&T VSS.

Mainly showing for receiver dimensions. Don't really want to show the G&G since that one looks far too unfinished.

KA

kingarms_vssvintorez_asval.jpg

LCT

qII5143.jpg

S&T

ass2.jpg

Vidyaz.

KA

LCT

S&T

• Supporters

OK, well that idea went the way of the square wheel...

I was also looking at this Russian tuned one. Which looks very nice: steel and plywood goodness :wub: but is simply a V3 gearbox, not that orgasmatron that G&G are using - and it's £500 basic / £650 with the PSO scope and tune up.

straykbolnaya-snayperskaya-vintovka-vss-

I notice that the stock on this one appears to be more horizontal than the KA one, closer to the S&T I'd say :blink:

Archived