sa80 or m4 or masada?

hprentice
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

ok guys im just about ready to buy my next gun. but i have to make the big decision, do i want o buy an sa80 or an m4? :S im looking for a GBB as i think its time for some more realism. i absolutely love the sa80, but love the customization of the m4. if i got the sa80 id want it with the front as shown below. do you know if the grenade launcher is removable? and below is the style of m4 im planning, any help is very very very welcome :P or there is the option of spemding that little extra for a masada?

post-3804-0-57065000-1376917316_thumb.jpg

post-3804-0-13768500-1376917327_thumb.gif

post-3804-0-03528500-1376917349_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

The only gas L85 is made by WE, and it needs permanently modifying in order to mount the UGL, as the WE externals are based on the ICS, and the UGL is made by and for the Ares L85. So unless you're up to modding it, it looks like you'll be getting the M4 lol.

The only gas L85 is made by WE, and it needs permanently modifying in order to mount the UGL, as the WE externals are based on the ICS, and the UGL is made by and for the Ares L85. So unless you're up to modding it, it looks like you'll be getting the M4 lol.

could always stick with aeg's ;) do you know if the grenade launcher is removeable from that handguard shown in the picture ? :)

• Supporters

Oh I see what you mean now, no they're not, it's part of the launcher. It's just the way the real one is made to mount it to the L85. The launcher itself is the same as the German AG36, but the mount for it differs from rifle to rifle and comes as part of the launcher.

If you're going for a Masada, you should go for one of the PTS ones, as the A&K Masada comes with a dreadful hop unit and plastic parts that in reality should be metal.

Shame about everyone hating M4s... I was planning on getting a Combat Machine aha.

There's nowt wrong with M4s, and there's nowt wrong with getting one.

Yeah, pretty much everyone and their mum's have M4s - but there's a reason. They're good. They're modular. If you want your L85 to be modular and accept all manner of accessories, you either have to pay extra and buy rail kits - or make your own.

Just be a bit cautious of PTS. Now they've stopped doing airsoft stuff, spare parts for their AEGs may be an issue a few years down the line.

• Supporters

Do you only want to be different, or do you just want something you know's going to work with by a massive margin the largest amount of compatible parts, accessories and upgrades? Nothing wrong with a L85 AEG from a decent brand but handle both yourself, decide based on your own feelings about the ergonomics and future plans for alterations. I have an ICS L85 which is great but there's also about a bazillion G&G Combat Machines on the skirmish fields of Britain for a damn good reason; airsofters are notoriously tight and even more notorioulsy picky, an AEG line simply does not get that popular by sheer accident.

R.e. PTS - They're still doing plenty of airsoft stuff, just no more Magpul replicas. So there might be some support for the ACR in terms of internal parts seeing as they require no licencing, at least for a little while, but it won't last much longer seeing as they've already long stopped manufacturing the rifles.

There is that WE MSK coming out soon which seems ACResque, might be of some interest.

All I will say is I've got an we l85 and you def will need an ra tech npas in it. As soon as I got mine last year it was shooting around 390-420 but with the npas and about1000 or so rounds its at a steady 330 :) btw the npas you will need to mod the nozzle

Archived