The next addition to the collection...

TacMaster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking for my next gun, and I have a £240 max budget. I'm leaning towards a G&G, although I'm not exactly sure which model I should get. I have an AK in mind, although it's not a definite.

I'm open to any suggestions.

King arms galil, epic gun, the style you're after but a bit different at the same time

GHK G5.

Great kick,resistant to cool down and has good performances from what I've read. It's about 200£ from Hong Kong shops.

ICS AK74M

Bombproof and good performance,standard great ICS stuff. £220 from actionhobbies.

(If 30£ added to budget)

RealSword Type 56-2.

Probably one of if not THE toughest and most reliable guns around,literally bomb proof and invincible. Made from Real De milled Type 56 externals.

270£ from redwolf,can be found cheaper.

Note,a bit hard to find ATM and most shops won't restock as RealSword are moving factories and ceasing production temporarily

I've been looking at the ICS you mentioned- on Wolf it's £244.48 incl. paint job and shipping, with the gun at £219.99. is the one on Actionhobbies the RAS version?

I've emailed AH asking if they can do a 2 toning service, although as they don't offer one I'm ruling them out until they respond. I really hate not being able to work on a UKARA :(

Wolf's charges seem a little high though

Wolf are always quite pricey, and their website is shocking

I'll probably buy from FireSupport then, only thing I like about the AK-74 on Wolf is that they include the ICS battery with the gun (as far as I can tell from their appalling layout)

• Supporters

If AH will 2-tone, get the CYMA AK103 (it's the same gun as CM.048 with polymer furniture instead of wood).

What you really need is someone who is UKARA registered to order either a CM.048 or .048M and gift it to you. Without wanting to suggest anything illegal, whatever transpires between two people a couple of weeks before any RIF gifting has no bearing on said event, especially if nobody can prove that anything did transpire.

Actually, Zero One are getting them in: here.

I'm trying to get in touch with an old friend who's dad is UKARA blessed- however due to the unreliability of one of my mates -who consequently is the only person with said old friends' Email- I may have to wait a while. Suits me anyway, will probably only have enough for ICS AK + stick battery in Feb.

I'll definitely be able to get in RiF form if I do get in touch, but in the mean time I'll start building up my '60s tigerstripe loadout

Errr you do realise you can't technically use your money if you want him to get you it...

Would be a rather weird request to an old friend to get his dad to buy and gift you a RIF ¬_¬

• Supporters

Not entirely true, it does still matter, I think what Ian was saying is that if no one can join the dots then no one can prosecute anyone.

If you decide to be an idiot and tell the entire Internet what you're doing then getting proof is a bit simpler.

• Supporters

Rofl.

Can't you just turn it into a RIF once you get it? Remove the paint, repaint it, whatever. Using your defence as a skirmisher to make it legal? You can prove you're a skirmisher without having to be 18, only difference between me and you is that the retailers association can only sell to someone over 18 by law.

We're still both airsofters, so we both still have that as a defence to grant us our exemption against the VCRA. There's nothing in the VCRA that says U18s can't manufacture RIFs out of IFs if they're airsofters.

You just need photo evidence, or a skirmish diary, or junior membership and you're golden.

Fair enough. I just don't want to spend the ridiculous amount in painting then suffer the dip in value for it being ex-2tone if I did remove the paint

• Supporters

You could probably just rub it off.

Same goes for Wolf Armouries. It comes off through use fairly quickly in high-wear areas.

You could fairy power spray it? ;) A1 sent me this, maybe you could do it with 01, though I doubt it's completely legal :L

Hi Mr Fred Bloggs

If you supply your Youth Membership Details and they are check able with the site then we may consider allowing one of your parents to buy the RIF,

Kind Regards

A1 Airsoft Ltd

• Supporters

ROFL James. You what you also don't want to be doing, Tac? Bandying my name around...

As I said, i'm not suggesting anything illegal. If it is beyond the ken of readers to work it out, well that's tough tits and they probably shouldn't have an IF let alone an RIF.

Archived