Frustration With Internet Deliveries for Airsoft

Baz JJ
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ive been buying buts and pieces now for a few weeks to complete my loadout.

I must say Im becoming very frustrated with suppliers.

While some are very good and keep you informed, with next day Royal Mail deliveries, some are pretty pants.

Generally speaking, I find the UK based Ebay suppliers pretty good.

Some Airsoft suppliers with their own web site based sales systems are poor.

They don't confirm when despatches are made and they don't reply to emails.

At the moment, Ive got a gun in UPS limbo. The tracking shows its stopped at one of their UK hubs and its very hard to get to talk to anybody at UPS.

I think the problem is that many suppliers either don't really care or they forget that people need to work to pay for their hobby and its useful to know which day stuff is coming so you can arrange to be home to receive it.

Rant over

Contacted one well known supplier by email and they answered promptly saying goods were shipped yesterday and should be with me by end of week. After another email, they finally admitted it had gone by first class mail. Its just turned up.

Good despatch but poor communication. Why did I have to send two emails. Would have been good if they had just sent me a mail at time of despatch.

The UPS saga just goes on. Telephoned the Airsoft shop in question as they don't respond to emails. They were upset by lack of performance by UPS and said they would call them as they had just started using UPS and expected better. Meanwhile goods look like they are still stuck in Tamworth.

• Supporters

Y'know, you can mention who this website are? We're not ZeroIn.

If you're having issues, it's good to inform people so they can bare your experience in mind when ordering from the same place.

Have you looked in the "Places to buy" forum to check the shop you're buying from has a positive reputation? As some very well known shops have a shockingly terrible reputation... *coughing fit* JustBBGuns *coughing fit*

I've been waiting fir an FS rubber trainer from shoot 'n' scoot for almost 2 weeks now, im going to ring up on Friday as I payed 9 quid for postage which seems a tad extortionate.

So your issue is with the courier company and not the retailer/seller then Baz JJ?

"At the moment, Ive got a gun in UPS limbo. The tracking shows its stopped at one of their UK hubs and its very hard to get to talk to anybody at UPS."

• Supporters

I ordered some mp5 mags from a HK seller on eBay (who I have bought a lot of stuff from, who has excellent communications) and now the mags are stuck in Royal Mail limbo somewhere :(

Well both really.

Since my last post, the retailer hasnt replied to my e-mails, so I had to phone them.

They were very angry with UPS and said they would phone UPS and get back to me.

As the goods still seem stuck and the retailer hasnt phoned me, I called him again this afternoon.

He said UPS still hadnt got back to him and he couldnt tell me anything until he heard from them.

I asked if he might give them a nudge if he didnt hear back by the end of the day.

So we will see. They contracted UPS - I only paid for it. Given a choice, I would prefer Royal Mail as if I miss the delivery, I can go to the post office to collect it.

Basically, nobody is really that interested. They have all been paid. The retailer took their money at the point of order.

I suppose I will get it when they are good and ready, but I wont be ordering from that retailer again.

So your issue is with the courier company and not the retailer/seller then Baz JJ?

"At the moment, Ive got a gun in UPS limbo. The tracking shows its stopped at one of their UK hubs and its very hard to get to talk to anybody at UPS."

• Supporters

Action Hobbies use UPS and I've had no problems with either during about 4-5 orders (touch wood).

My Hermes are wankers.

A good tip for Royal Mail, which may well work for other couriers, is that if you need to speak to someone, ring the depot directly if you can find the number, rather than going down the customer services rabbit hole.

Maybe I'm just fortunate, but so far I've only been properly pissed off with 1 airsoft retailer, UN Company, whom I gave more than a reasonable amount of time to realise that my order had been lost before asking for a refund, but they took their own sweet time about it and, for all i know, may have not bothered had i not complained to PayPal.

CRW are also wankers - they don't respond to emails even in Chinese and their website checkout is fcuked up - it insists on charging UK customers for two-toning or dividing into 2 packages even when the item isn't a gun :lol: but I've never bought anything from them.

But yeah Baz, name and shame 'em.

Im obviously not happy with either party at the moment, although Im more frustrated with UPS and the lack of answers.

Ive checked the retailer out in the Places To Buy section but there is nothing detrimental.

I will give the retailer a chance to sort it out which is only fair. At the moment their biggest crime is not answering emails, which sadly they are not alone in. A lot will depend on the next few days and what they do to remedy the situation.

At the moment we have a gun ordered at the weekend, shipped on Monday on a 24 hour service, still residing at the UPS hub. I stayed in all of Tuesday and most of yesterday so I could accept the delivery due to duff information.

I will name them in due course, either for sorting it out or their total apathy. Lets see.

Day 4 - no message from retailer.

The UPS tracking page says lost package tracer, so I guess they have either misplaced it or somebody has stolen it.

It will be interesting to see what now transpires.

Day 5 - still no movement with UPS (they are still trying to locate the missing package) and the supplier Airsoftworld.net is still not calling me back or responding to what now amounts to three emails.

I have lodged a dispute with Paypal. Bearing in mind that the item hasn't arrived and is now 3 days late on what should be a 24 hour service, I would expect a replacement to be sent and the missing item to be cancelled.

Why should I be inconvenienced by not having my goods over what is clearly a dispute between supplier and carrier. What makes matters worse is that I received an email from Airsoftworld.net encouraging me to complete a purchase review.

• Supporters

Well i'll be dipped in dogshit! Only time i've needed to speak to AW was about an on sale item that was so pants it was bordering on unfit for purpose (variable fps piston head valve, normal price £70 for £35). They were totally cool about taking it back and giving me a refund, even though it had been used, ie greased up, fitted, and fired...

I forget the bloke's name but it was their tech whom i had a long-ish email convo with. He maintained that the valve workedg fine when he fitted it to a gun. I said i know what i'm fcucking doing: it doesn't work in my gun at all, basically repeating myself. I have a tendency to be scathing in politely verbose sarcasm when i complain, which amuses me (and stops me wanting to go there in person and burn their sh!t down) and may well be amusing enough to grab peoples' attention to reply...

I get it though. You're totally right. Whatever contract a supplier takes out with a courier is between them two. Your contract is with the supplier and is not conditional upon any third party's actions/lack thereof.

• Supporters

PS i've ordered from them several times. (I'm on my phone so can't edit this in above :P )

Thanks Isn.

I can only tell you what is happening with this transaction.

I can only second guess what their aim is because they are not communcating.

Ive emailed their sales e-mail, Ive used their contact form and Ive telephoned somebody in sales called Paul, wh promised to get back to me.

Ive now complained to Paypal and they will inform the retailer that Ive raised a dispute through them.

It will get legal if it has to as this is a gun and therefore not an inconsequential amount of money.

its just a shame that they are both mismanaging the situation in this way.

Action Hobbies use UPS and I've had no problems with either during about 4-5 orders (touch wood).

My Hermes are wankers.

A good tip for Royal Mail, which may well work for other couriers, is that if you need to speak to someone, ring the depot directly if you can find the number, rather than going down the customer services rabbit hole.

Maybe I'm just fortunate, but so far I've only been properly pissed off with 1 airsoft retailer, UN Company, whom I gave more than a reasonable amount of time to realise that my order had been lost before asking for a refund, but they took their own sweet time about it and, for all i know, may have not bothered had i not complained to PayPal.

CRW are also wankers - they don't respond to emails even in Chinese and their website checkout is fcuked up - it insists on charging UK customers for two-toning or dividing into 2 packages even when the item isn't a gun :lol: but I've never bought anything from them.

But yeah Baz, name and shame 'em.

I've used Myhermes for years with only 1 issue,a damaged air bottle which they refunded me within 48 hours,who else does that?and who has real people to talk to rather than phone options?I'm guessing you've had a bad experience with them.

• Supporters

2 - 1 complete failure to collect my AKS74U and just talking complete shite about it for multiple supposed collection attempts - the wife of the bloke I bought it from had recently given birth and was in all day long, so they were stupid, lying, or both. I got so pissed off with them that I couldn't even bear speaking to them to get a fcuking refund. The other was something similar but I was the person waiting in for yonks waiting for them to arrive while they lied about it.

• Supporters

I ordered some mp5 mags from a HK seller on eBay (who I have bought a lot of stuff from, who has excellent communications) and now the mags are stuck in Royal Mail limbo somewhere :(

YaY my mags finally arrived! only took royal mail from the 5th july (date they arrived in the UK) to the 2nd of august to deliver them!!! i should also point out that i had opened a case on ebay .... which i promptly had to close lol

to the OP, hang in there mate, good things are worth waiting for :)

Archived